No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

Tony Impey

"Presumably contaminated food... We are all very concerned. How do you prove something you're not even aware of. Daryl is shattered because he's currently a much better cyclist than last year and he was eager to again make history this year. In a year's time, my son has gone from being a national hero to a villian who everybody wants to crucify."

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three tests in three days is pretty standard.

Those guys get tested at random as the organisation pleases.

If you're winning a race or a major contender for the TDF etc sure, but I'd seriously disagree on it being the norm, especially for a rider of his level.

Each to their own though, we can't agree on everything - that would be boring! :thumbup:

I feel sorry for him, but I wonder if his team doctor spike stuff in their food or drinks.... His team doctor was involved with doping in years back and he should be banned for life!

I feel sorry for him, but I wonder if his team doctor spike stuff in their food or drinks.... His team doctor was involved with doping in years back and he should be banned for life!

Who?

Looks like the supplement program is being run by Dr Manuel Rodriguez Alonso, rather than through Green Edge's AIS connections

I feel huge sympathy for him and his family. His wife, young child, mom and dad and brother all suffer through this. Hope it turns out OK for everyone.

Tony Impey

"Presumably contaminated food... We are all very concerned. How do you prove something you're not even aware of. Daryl is shattered because he's currently a much better cyclist than last year and he was eager to again make history this year. In a year's time, my son has gone from being a national hero to a villian who everybody wants to crucify."

Seriously?!

I feel huge sympathy for him and his family. His wife, young child, mom and dad and brother all suffer through this. Hope it turns out OK for everyone.

Yes, it's heart breaking, Why would he risk all of that by doping?

:huh:

Hold on so it's a SAFFA that gets caught and suddenly there's a grey area....

never a dull day on the hub...

wheres the "zero tolerance ban him for life" calls now?

Fixed.

Not an ounce of sympathy for him. You play with fire, you get burnt.