Who remembers?

DPG

Despite what people think, they don't just drift with the wind, they actually steer and sail in a direction down and across the wind direction. The tentacles function like a sea anchor and they can inflate and change the shape of the sail to alter their direction. How they decide where to aim for, THATS an interesting question?!

Edit: How they know to aim for the beach where I go swimming, THAT'S the REAL question?!

Not sure about the steering bit but if you were a regular surfer at the corner it was one of the hazards on a south Easter frommel day.Came with the territory

Blue soap did the trick and I think we eventually became immune

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give up...

What's that?

You obviously never rode a early model Sram fitted gripshift then[emoji106][emoji3]

You obviously never rode a early model Sram fitted gripshift then[emoji106][emoji3]

My first mtb a Marin (fully rigid) had gripshift and definitely did not have anything like that...

Mind you, dont think Scram were even around in those days..... #oufokker

My first mtb a Marin (fully rigid) had gripshift and definitely did not have anything like that...

Mind you, dont think Scram were even around in those days..... #oufokker

sure it wasnt one of these?

post-25647-0-30413700-1552483713_thumb.jpg

Adds tension to the cable to make shifting easier? and yes I did have one

Remember these bad boys...

My mate had one. Was super cool we thought. Probably weighed a ton, but in those days we weren't weight weenies!

Cool

Western flyer.... whowould have thought

My first 'racing bike' was a blue Western Flyer with Shimano Tourney gears...

my first "mountain bike" was a Peugeot racing bike with the bars turned all the way upside down. that was the only bike i have ever been able to wheelie properly.

my first "mountain bike" was a Peugeot racing bike with the bars turned all the way upside down. that was the only bike i have ever been able to wheelie properly.

I had an Exocet which cracked when I was in std 9, effectively put an end to my cycling 'career'. Then Wally Flint at Jowetts Cycles sponsored me a Peugeot Classique frame made of Tange 1. I put Coke bottle tops on the ends of the bars as plugs and won the junior section of the Kokstad Tour in around 1993 I think it must have been. One of the okes said to me, 'Please for the love of all that is good, buy yourself some proper plugs because those Coke tops have been irritating the sh*t out of everyone'