Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some photos off FB. Eerie to see like this. Taken in 2012 apparently. 

164001859_274305650887131_90374936289792

164003250_274305624220467_61628826444061

164622587_274305974220432_40422480135742

Edited by Red Robin

I think my Doors days were 93 to about 95. To stick to the thread title, who remembers the gig the Mission played there ?

I still remember waiting in line to get in to the gig when a V8 re-engined tow truck bakkie came past on idle and let out the loudest backfire - and half the queue dropped for cover ! Quite the neighborhood.

I remember going to a gig but it wasn't the Mission.

I remember nearly always having comps though as we went so often. 

I remember going to a gig but it wasn't the Mission.

There was Bella Napoli's and "The Dome" etc. in the 80's  .... but Doors were my favourite in the early nineties.

Remember clubbing all night and if you were out of pocket your first train out would be at 4:15am (Sunday morning) from Jhb station  ......  (1985-1986-ish)

There was Bella Napoli's and "The Dome" etc. in the 80's  .... but Doors were my favourite in the early nineties.

Remember clubbing all night and if you were out of pocket your first train out would be at 4:15am (Sunday morning) from Jhb station  ......  (1985-1986-ish)

Bella Napoli and the Dome were both still going in the early 90's, you also had Ceasers Palace then too

Bella Napoli and the Dome were both still going in the early 90's, you also had Ceasers Palace then too

My hangout during army days...............

Edited by coppi

Always sad to see places you have fond memories of go downhill. I grew up on an Eskom town which was really well maintained back in the day. Today the facilities are all either completely gone or in such a bad state of repair that they're unusable.

Always sad to see places you have fond memories of go downhill. I grew up on an Eskom town which was really well maintained back in the day. Today the facilities are all either completely gone or in such a bad state of repair that they're unusable.

I spent a few years growing up on a military base in CT ... the place is not as I remember it.

Comps for the Doors were practically a unit of currency in my uni Res, and were traded, bartered and when the funds were low, begged for !  :lol:

When doing my military service in Potchefstroom...the hangout places were Valentino's, Impala Hotel(remember the guys said if you want to "sokkie" this is the place to be), Elgro Hotel (Dubbed "Vegkop" where most brawls would happen) and Bourbon Street.

When at home during this time White Horse Inn would be the place of choice.

Bourbon Street.

Oh that place.. Never enough floor space back when I went there.. so one had to just dance on the tables.. I remember seeing a lot of bands play there before they became too big for Bourbon's.. Springbok Nude girls and Just Ginger often played there.. That place used to be a jol.

Apparently still the place to go to.. They did make it bigger though .. [emoji23]

Edited by Gen

Oh that place.. Never enough floor space back when I went there.. so one had to just dance on the tables.. I seeing a lot of bands play there before they became too big for Bourbon's.. Springbok Nude girls and Just Ginger often played there.. That place used to be a jol.

Apparently still the place to go to.. They did make it bigger though .. [emoji23]

I remember the name, but i dont recall if I ever went there.

• 2 weeks later...