Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a good teacher

I would often get to a question in an exam and remember is joke around the topic, that helped me remember how to solve the question.

That would be Rod from Silver Creek Mountain Band.  I formed a friendship with him shortly after I saw them first play at Navigators, and have been following them ever since.  They recently played at my birthday bash in Feb this year!

Yes!!!

Friggen awesome Andy! I loved their music!

is he the same guy who used to play bass for Dan Patlansky?

huge beard, never had shoes. Smelly Fellow was his (nick)name

that's some good sounding music!

is he the same guy who used to play bass for Dan Patlansky?

huge beard, never had shoes. Smelly Fellow was his (nick)name

Thanks for the heads up ... I have some good music to listen to this afternoon!

It doesn't look like him - I must be honest I have only ever known Rod to be in Silver Creek - and he's never mentioned that he has played for anyone else.  But I can't definitely say yes or no.

I'll ask him when I see them again

http://www.silvercreekmountainband.co.za/

ok did more than one click this time.

different okes.

it would appear that apparently there are at least two barefoot silver bearded bassists in the country

Army story. Basics June '76. 4 SAI .Middelburg Tvl.

We were two companies in a place called Doornkop . Tents outside the town.

Medics with a table under a big Bluegum. We take our shirts off and line up.

It takes a few seconds. Swab, jab, cottonwool and off you go.

One guy is absolutely scared to death by needles. Not an act, he's paranoid.

We keep him calm as the line moves.

With only one guy before his turn a corporal suddenly steps forward and says, "I've never done injections, but would like to learn".

"Sure" says the medic, "it's easy you just hold it and then you do this and this ",as he demonstrated the technique on the troop. He then gave a syringe to the corporal, and De Lange whose turn was next passed out.

My workshop is about 1km from 4-SAI. I Drive past it a couple of times every day. Although not much has changed on the base, the condition of it is definitely not what you would remember. I Frequently cycle in the Doornkop area, the shooting range is still there.  

post-62204-0-22623400-1526477713_thumb.jpeg

My workshop is about 1km from 4-SAI. I Drive past it a couple of times every day. Although not much has changed on the base, the condition of it is definitely not what you would remember. I Frequently cycle in the Doornkop area, the shooting range is still there.

I remember that the base was like freezer in winter. Fire buckets often frozen.

Did you grow up there? I was in Middelburg Laerskool 1968 69 and 70. Boarding school. Grundlingh huis. Was tough but ok.

I remember that the base was like freezer in winter. Fire buckets often frozen.

Did you grow up there? I was in Middelburg Laerskool 1968 69 and 70. Boarding school. Grundlingh huis. Was tough but ok.

Born and raised......will probably die here as well. I'm a lot younger than you though Oom. Was only born in '81. I Also went to Middelburg Laerskool and HTS Middelburg after that. I Know Huis Grundlingh well, nothing much has changed there as well. Ja this town can get lekke cold hey ! Picture of the Garmin was taken Saturday morning at about 07:00, 30 min into the ride.

post-62204-0-00277400-1526483274_thumb.jpeg

Red Shoe Diaries too

There was another one as well. About a resort on a island ? Can't remember the name now  :ph34r:

There was another one as well. About a resort on a island ? Can't remember the name now :ph34r:

Yeah yeah, I know what you are talking about.

BUT a word of warning, don’t waste your time watching them again, they aren’t nearly as “cool” as you might remember them ;)

A friend of mine followed this series. Was on E-TV apparently...

Then there was Carry On Emmanuelle