Who remembers?

DPG

Loved the 80's motocross era. Nothing like a gate full of 250 2-strokes and the smell of methanol. Who remembers Syringa park and Brickor/Corobrick.

Yip, even Wadeville for a short time ....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who saw Queen live? I stood right at front. Nearly got snapped by Freddie's chompers.

Loved the 80's motocross era. Nothing like a gate full of 250 2-strokes and the smell of methanol. Who remembers Syringa park and Brickor/Corobrick.

And even Dunswart Stadium for a short while, the track also went around on the outside of the stadium so you could ride there almost anytime. My first race was at Tarlton in what was then the novice class all different size bikes, was leading the race and could have won it if i didn't bail in a major fashion on the second last lap right in front of the main grand stand...sadly that was the best result i ever had after being allowed to race in the main events it was middle to the back of the field....

My dream car, when I was a kid was to have a Ford XR6, with solid tyres (so that when the cops shoot at the wheels they wont go flat) and a CB (with a very long ariel).

Thank goodness I changed my mind on that one.

Remember sitting in the movies, thinking smokers were the coolest okes...

I can still remember when you could smoke in the cinemas, and on the upstairs of the double decker buses

Syringa ( Spa ? ) still exists in some form or fashion. Found it when I got "lost" on the Avianto venue. The railway track goes right past it.

Syringa ( Spa ? ) still exists in some form or fashion. Found it when I got "lost" on the Avianto venue. The railway track goes right past it.

Yip, that was it, Syringa Spa.

Rosherville? Supercross in Ellis Park.

Guest notmyname

How about the Pizza hut that was in the same location as the McDonald's near Cresta shopping center. Oh ja, that train in Cresta.

Whoa! I was at Blairgowrie! 1981 matrics.

woa, stop the bus, gus. He posts, he lives, how is work going ?

do you still ride?

I remember the Cresta center movies being where the Absa is now.

Before the multi million rand upgrades they have since done.

Syringa Spa. Yussy, that place was the bomb!! Swimming pools galore...

I see the sign is still up on that Avianto, Kloofzicht road.

Wembley ice scatting rink in Jhb South. And the Stock Car racing at the same venue.

The Roller Rink at Cresta?

The bmx track and bowl at Cresta?

When all there was in Lonehill was a bmx track?

Ramping your bike into Emmarentia Dam?

When it was safe on Northcliff Hill?

Bella Napoli? San Lorenzo? The Thunderdome? The doors nightclub and Boobs?

Santarama miniland?

eVoid at the Chelsea underground?

The concert in the park?

Just taking a trip down memory lane!

I remember Cesta when it was only the double story section between where Checkers is now and Truworths. CNA used to be where Clicks is now. I think there was a Dions upstairs where Milladys is now.

Edited by Excite_Bike