Who remembers?

DPG

Wembley ice scatting rink in Jhb South. And the Stock Car racing at the same venue.

Wembley had some Supercross races in the early 90's as well. Is the track still there?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that the cigarette ad's were sometimes better than the movie.

Remember the Camel Man?

Every boy dreamed of being THE CAMEL MAN. especially with those Land Rovers . Were smoking allowed in the cinemas in those days ? ( Non smoker by the way , ha ha ) Edited by Tromp

I remember driving with my dad down Christian de Wet, through Allens neck and there being nothing but instant lawn pastures on either side. The sub station on the left has always been there though. No Clearwater mall, no Makro, no town house complexs, nothing!

Wembley had some Supercross races in the early 90's as well. Is the track still there?

Not to my knowledge. I think the place is now used by Telkom or Putco.

Guest notmyname

Friday night discos at the Lemon Squeezer anyone?

My old lady has mentioned those jols.

Guest notmyname

The dairy farm by Northcliff primary school.

Who remembers when you could cycle from Krugersdorp to Magaliesburg every afternoon after school and not see a single shack or informal settlement. My only worry back then was being too slow through Krugersdorp West and the locals beating the crap out of the rooinek in his lycra.

Who remembers when you could cycle from Krugersdorp to Magaliesburg every afternoon after school and not see a single shack or informal settlement. My only worry back then was being too slow through Krugersdorp West and the locals beating the crap out of the rooinek in his lycra.

K'dorp West has not changed. ha ha

Galaxy (the arcade) in Cresta. Threw many of my old mans 20c coins in the machines there. (Against his will :ph34r: )

Wembley ice scatting rink in Jhb South. And the Stock Car racing at the same venue.

Yis dude now you take me back to my childhood days, my dad raced hotrods agains amongst others the legendary Harry vd Spuy and Buddy Fuller ......

Yis dude now you take me back to my childhood days, my dad raced hotrods agains amongst others the legendary Harry vd Spuy and Buddy Fuller ......

And Dough Serrurrier ( Spelling pathetic , I know )

Talking about Krugersdorp...who remembers" Hillsnacks?"

Right on top of the Krugersdorp hill, with coloured lights strung between the trees. It had the best view at night.

And across the road from hill snacks where the hang-gliders used to launch from they used to hold the SA MTB downhill and XC championships in the late 80's early 90's.