2015 S Works Epic

Johny Bravo

For 130k i would by a santa cruz and go on 2holidays to alps and whistler. But hey if you feel the need to over compensate for something, go ahead. Its a bike i think specialized should only offer to people who have done certain races to justify it. We all know how it feels when some rich kid who cant ride for sh#t had the same bike as you do.

So Sakkiebomskok, even if I could afford a S-works your are saying I cant buy one if I don't ride as good as you? And what about if I don't ride F1 can I buy a Ferrari?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sakkiebomskok, even if I could afford a S-works your are saying I cant buy one if I don't ride as good as you? And what about if I don't ride F1 can I buy a Ferrari?

I did not even want to reply to Sakkielongdrop. Mentioning Santa Cruz and overcompensating in one sentence. Santa Cruz does not exactly come cheap hey Sakkie?

If you can afford it, go for it. Its a beast of a bike, if you cant afford it, there are plenty of cheaper models in the Epic range thankfully, with the same pedigree.

Edited by Johny Bravo

who cares about what another person rides or how effectively they can ride it? Why not be happy for someone if they are riding an S Works or for that means a Makro special? I think that some of us have forgotten that we are in this sport because we love it...

ok, but I don't see anything there about potential damage to stanchions. unless I missed it.

Nope, I don't see anything on those stanchions either. Would be worried about that fancy fork being damaged

ok, but I don't see anything there about potential damage to stanchions. unless I missed it.

Sorry, that's above my level of technical expertise..

Someone mentioned you could buy a new VIVO for the price... well, nearly!

And it even comes with 3 cup holders... the bottle cages on the S-Works will probably be another R2k?

post-15872-0-34515400-1405347918_thumb.png

You forgot to mention the airbag.....

and the fuel injected part... wish I had that for many hills... hahahaha

I mostly agree with you. Have a look at component prices, they are just as crazy when you want xtr or xo or xx. Done the maths every time I buy a bike. It always works out cheaper to buy a better specced bike, than to up spec a cheaper version.

Ok I must agree with you there as well!!

Many have said that before.

But for me, I dont have a lot of expendable cash and put whatever I can into cycling which means I sometimes have to opt for the lesser spec components for now, and wait for the XX1 to come a bit more main stream affordable and buy that then.

I see they have started with the X1 already which comes in a tiny BIT less than the full XX1.

I have always found it cheaper to buy the same spec bike that is not a spaz.. by about 30K..LOL

Sure you can find the same spec bike at much cheaper. Have to give it to specialized. They have created a lifestyle brand. Only reason I don't ride the newest epic or stumpjumber is because I can't afford it. Hell if I could I would have both as well as the new F type cannondale flash

I spend more time on my bike than in my car. So paying up is justified if its cutting edge R&D and ultra ride able.The hype about Specialized got to me. So I bought one and love it. Will probably stay brand loyal too at this rate.

Who cares about if I win races on it or not if someone judges me for my bike they are freaks I don't want to know anyway.

Keeps the fork lubricated at all times

The fork is supposedly stiffer as well.

At least they have the option of the normal one.

That fork has a different hub as well so it's not like you can get a off the shelf hub if it bombs out.

who cares about what another person rides or how effectively they can ride it? Why not be happy for someone if they are riding an S Works or for that means a Makro special? I think that some of us have forgotten that we are in this sport because we love it...

Scary thing is you can put a brilliant rider on a Makro special and they will kick the guy on the Spez ass,have a look at the Bike life site where they have a link to all the different trails in Rsa have a look at the one for Karkloof and see what Greg Minnaar does on a cyclocross bike.

Scary thing is you can put a brilliant rider on a Makro special and they will kick the guy on the Spez ass,have a look at the Bike life site where they have a link to all the different trails in Rsa have a look at the one for Karkloof and see what Greg Minnaar does on a cyclocross bike.

So I assume you drive a Tata Indica as it will also get you to work?