Dogma F8

Mental Mamba

I like the look of the new F8 much more than the older Dogma, but how about this?

That crank

AAARRRRGHH

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude tells me it's about kilo heavier than most frames but stiff as hell apparently.

Any force into that BB converts to forward movement in no uncertain terms. His been racing for 17 years and never had anything quicker. Integrated brakes is damn gorgeous.

post-25309-0-60913200-1406653055_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bianchisti

Hey Hubbers, I am considering the F8, anyone got this yet.....except the reviews from media....any comment on this bike

I don't have one. I do however have a woody after seeing this one!

If you have that kind of cash, why not have a bike custom designed and hand built (stiffness tuned to your requirements) and painted to taste? Parlee Z0, ESX, or something from Sarto, for example.

Since the frame in question probably weigh the same as 2x top of the range from most manufacturers, light weight is not an objective for the build in question. That means a frame in titanium can easily fit the bill, too. I like Eriksen or Baum.

Lastly, since frame weigt is not an issue, custom steel can also work. Google Pegoretti.

Re the Dogma, it is too much money for a mass production Chinese bike, with or without a serial nr imo.

Edited by Christie

If you have that kind of cash, why not have a bike custom designed and hand built (stiffness tuned to your requirements) and painted to taste? Parlee Z0, ESX, or something from Sarto, for example.

Since the frame in question probably weigh the same as 2x top of the range from most manufacturers, light weight is not an objective for the build in question. That means a frame in titanium can easily fit the bill, too. I like Eriksen or Baum.

Lastly, since frame weigt is not an issue, custom steel can also work. Google Pegoretti.

Re the Dogma, it is too much money for a mass production Chinese bike, with or without a serial nr imo.

Jealousy makes you nasty

Hey Hubbers, I am considering the F8, anyone got this yet.....except the reviews from media....any comment on this bike

Buy it. I have 65.1 Think2 and it is out of this world. F8 will rule

I would rather get me one of these http://www.englishcycles.com/custom-wheels/

Jealousy makes you nasty

"... He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his argument"

Aah Christie, your posts are generally high quality, but you have consistently slated Pinarello. What's the problem?

Go Dogma F8

Olympic cycle owner did a test ride.

He siad F8 is lighter and more reponsive?

Whatever ~~ I like my 65.1 hahaha

I just need a training partner..hahaha

post-39762-0-91239500-1406659485_thumb.jpg

Aah Christie, your posts are generally high quality, but you have consistently slated Pinarello. What's the problem?

I like the look of the F8, much more than any of the predecessors. It is the first really good looking Dogma. In terms of weight, the previous Dogmas were waaay below par - they are heavier than aluminium frames, when the cutting edge of bicycle structural engineering is at frame weights of 700 to 800 grams. (it would be interesting to compare the weight of those Dogma frames without serial numbers, to see if there is a difference)

Regarding weight of the F8, it is respectable for an aero frame, and a definite improvement.

I do find the price amusing, though - it is similar to or more than a hand built custom, which I consider a better buy.

Comparing the F8 to the new Colnago aero bike, for example: for me it is much of a muchness. The aero Colnago is built by Giant in Taiwan, the F8 is built in China. Both not worth more than other bikes from the same factories in engineering terms.

The Colnago C60, however is made and painted in Italy. That is still worth something, and could justify extra $ on the sticker.

My personal stable peaked at 5 bikes. I have since sold all my road bikes, but I have rolled on Colnagos, Cannondales, Scott, Cervelo, Merkcx, with top of the range everything. I never saw a difference in my performance from the one to the next in races, and I really took it to the n-th degree, with coaching, power meters (I have had 3 at one time) etc. In the end, I solidly agree with LA (hate to admit) - it is so not about the bike.

Edited by Christie

Good answer as always Christie! I am not too hung up on a few grams of frame weight and have found the ride characteristics of the Dogma to be exceptional. However having owned a good few top end bikes myself, I have to agree that it is not about the bike.