So upset by Momsen

NixM

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing other than a Santa Cruz Tallboy tarted up with girly colours and a ladies name. ;)

Some things are just so good that they simply cannot be improved upon :whistling:

EDIT: AND it isn't pink :D

Edited by 2bliss

I am not sure I buy the 'Women need a different geometry ' sales blurb.

I think there are more variations within each gender group than between genders, as far as bikes are concerned.

Next we are going to see bikes for dif ethnic groups?

White on a MTB, not logical, Jim''

Bit like a white g-string on a dude.

Edited by JohanMalan

Why Why Why?

What on earth went through their heads when they decided to do the decals for the ladies Vipa in PINK? Surely they could have asked a female who actually rides sigle track what colours would work?

Anyone harcore enough to want this frame does not want to relive her 8 year old childhood fantasy of being a princess. The only way to make it less appealing would be to add a basket and streamers to the handle bars.

post-19421-0-33124600-1408269718_thumb.jpg

And I so wanted this frame, sigh...

Let me rephrase: Its the same geometry as the "nirmal" Vipa. If youd prefer to not ride a bike with some pink in it, go for the std or the team issue. Does however look like the team issue comes as dedicated 1x.

To be honest, was actually thinking of getting the white and "magenta" one for myself. Something different. And looks cool in the flesh.

Edit: I do however agree they should've been clearer om the site that it's the same frame.

Edited by Iwan Kemp

I am not sure I buy the 'Women need a different geometry ' sales blurb.

I think there are more variations within each gender group than between genders, as far as bikes are concerned.

Next we are going to see bikes for dif ethnic groups?

White on a MTB, not logical, Jim''

Bit like a white g-string on a dude.

My LBS put it this way when a friend was looking for a new bike "the geometry is not much different if at all. Real problem is that women's specific bikes are difficult to sell 2nd hand and automatically have lower resale"

If you can find a genderless bike that suits it will likely be better value in the long run.

Real problem is that women's specific bikes are difficult to sell 2nd hand and automatically have lower resale"

Awesome!!! The plan: buy a used Juliana Joplin cheap-cheap; remove girly paintjob; apply clearcoat to naked carbon Tallboy :thumbup:

I Don't think it's a momsen specific thing. I went through the same thing with the Silverback WSBs for the 2014 models. However with the exponential uptake with female riders I do hope that will change.

The OP's point is valid, and well made. As you clearly don't get it, I'll unpack it for you. Its a legitimate criticism of a brand who should know better than to simply add a bit of pink to justify "women specific" nomenclature to a mtb, which has a target market of ladies who are obviously interested in more than just the ephemeral.

Your post, on the other hand, is just offensive. And sexist. And not well thought out.

Edited by Slowbee

................To be honest, was actually thinking of getting the white and "magenta" one for myself. Something different. And looks cool in the flesh................

MAGENTA! Aaaaaaagh, sputter-sputter, choke, hicccup, eeeegh :ph34r: Black on black for me ;)

Personally i quite like it! Its a matter of preference. I know cyclists are all about appearances but seriously, missing out on a bike you otherwise like because of its colour seems a little silly.

Speaking of MOMSEN and VIPA :

Someone who's stoked with both the above, a certain Mr Blignaut

Edited by BeegMig

I'm sure Momsen do their homework as to what will best move their product - pink is divisive amongst women riders, but there must be enough who want it to make it worth their while to push the colour. Lots of good alternatives being suggested from what i can see.