Buyers wasting sellers time

ChUkKy

The whole concept of linking the number of posts and contributions to the community to who is a honest, ethical or a trustworthy buyer or seller is absurd in my view.it is obviously ones own choice as to who you deal with though.

I am new to the Hub and I must say it is actually quite intimidating to contribute because you face the possibility of enduring the written wrath of the what would appear super human hubbers with often over 10 000 posts, who position the number of posts as relevant to the credibility of a person and use it as an indicator of how important they are.

I know of people with less than 10 posts on the Hub that own and run very large organizations and manage in excess of 1000 people that I would suspect have generally more credibility and understanding of all forms of cycling and busing and selling and general economics than some many thousand post hubbers here.

My intention is not piss anyone off. I may have missed the point and my only real objective is to let the super hubbers know that there are many perfectly competent honest folk out there that shouldn't need thousands of posts to be treated equally on the Hub

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole concept of linking the number of posts and contributions to the community to who is a honest, ethical or a trustworthy buyer or seller is absurd in my view.it is obviously ones own choice as to who you deal with though.

I am new to the Hub and I must say it is actually quite intimidating to contribute because you face the possibility of enduring the written wrath of the what would appear super human hubbers with often over 10 000 posts, who position the number of posts as relevant to the credibility of a person and use it as an indicator of how important they are.

I know of people with less than 10 posts on the Hub that own and run very large organizations and manage in excess of 1000 people that I would suspect have generally more credibility and understanding of all forms of cycling and busing and selling and general economics than some many thousand post hubbers here.

My intention is not piss anyone off. I may have missed the point and my only real objective is to let the super hubbers know that there are many perfectly competent honest folk out there that shouldn't need thousands of posts to be treated equally on the Hub

I am afraid you have...it has almost nothing to do with credibility but everything to do with helping active forum members. I am not doubting the "lurkers" credibility / competency / honesty...I am just not interested in dealing / helping them since they don't give back....simple really and as you pointed out its everyones choice....and this view is in the minority.

Look at the example in a previous post about selling to active member...that contains the just of it.

Not everyone can sit the whole day making posts slating other hubbers that may think about posting, but are scared off by the thought of having the "senior" members rip them apart for asking what may seem like a stupid question(no question is inherently stupid as if you do not know the answer, then you need to ask)

Nicely said.

I have a couple of times now been PMed by guys with very few posts, not regarding anything for sale but about my mtb skills clinics. After meeting them have found out that they are 'captains of industry'.

I am afraid you have...it has almost nothing to do with credibility but everything to do with helping active forum members. I am not doubting the "lurkers" credibility / competency / honesty...I am just not interested in dealing / helping them since they don't give back....simple really and as you pointed out its everyones choice....and this view is in the minority.

Look at the example in a previous post about selling to active member...that contains the just of it.

What's your point??

The classifieds is very active with most buyers and sellers not interested in the "community".They just want to buy and sell and are doing so successfully

everyone calm down :eek:

its his way of selling, now all the low posters are generalizing about all the high post counts as if its a sin!!!!wtf seriously, his way of looking at it is simple if he "knows" the hubber he is more comfortable with he will make the deal,

look at it another way, a "known" hubber needs help, like when carpet needed some hub love, lots of hubbers helped her because they "know" her, now a 1 post wonder comes on and says HEY HUBBERS HELP??

because this is a close community everyone steps up,,,,,its his opinion and to a point i agree, i help those i "know" as to the sales i dont sell lots, but if i buy and i "know " the person i will take them at their word, i have paid for bikes i havent seen because i know there is some route/channel if there is a issue,

if you want wham bham negotiations and you dont care what hubber "waste" time chatting about you shouldnt be reading this anyway

What's your point??

The classifieds is very active with most buyers and sellers not interested in the "community".They just want to buy and sell and are doing so successfully

Why are you struggling to get it?

"it has almost nothing to do with credibility but everything to do with helping active forum members."

What's your point??

Fully agree...I have personally successfully sold to two x zero poster wonders, never to see or hear of them again...their money worked well for new parts

And, even I talk a lot of rubbish on here that i would not call contributing, so as far as I'm concerned post rating means nothing...whether the mans talks to you, then either pays or not is what matters

its his way of selling, now all the low posters are generalizing about all the high post counts as if its a sin!!!!wtf seriously, his way of looking at it is simple if he "knows" the hubber he is more comfortable with he will make the deal,

look at it another way, a "known" hubber needs help, like when carpet needed some hub love, lots of hubbers helped her because they "know" her, now a 1 post wonder comes on and says HEY HUBBERS HELP??

because this is a close community everyone steps up,,,,,its his opinion and to a point i agree, i help those i "know" as to the sales i dont sell lots, but if i buy and i "know " the person i will take them at their word, i have paid for bikes i havent seen because i know there is some route/channel if there is a issue,

if you want wham bham negotiations and you dont care what hubber "waste" time chatting about you shouldnt be reading this anyway

Hahahaha. I wonder if Rouxtjie is regretting his OPINION about a 1000 posts yet.

Damm it must be hard work to respond to every "noob" taking offence :ph34r: :whistling:

because this is a close community everyone steps up,,,,,

Agree and agree, but the close community must just make sure it doesn't turn into a closed community by shunning those who have not been posting loads. (196 posts to go) :)

Why are you struggling to get it?

"it has almost nothing to do with credibility but everything to do with helping active forum members."

Are you saying that low post members are worth less, i know many members personally, not many have high post counts

Yahtzee dips....yahtzee. :thumbup:

Classifieds is but one aspect of the forum...I don't know why people are so concerned over this, like I said before...I am the only one with this view...and I am not that active in the classifieds anyway...

And like you pointed out, "helping" can take many forms....donations / advice / experience in cycling and non cycling topics. We made a corporate company do the right thing in the carpet thread....why? because we acted as a community. If we were all just here for bargains of the week, I wonder what the outcome would have been for her.

Personally I'm a bit weary of selling to, or buying from, anyone with more than 10,000 posts. It shows me that they don't have a life, or friends outside of this forum. This could be due to a number of reasons, none of them positive. :ph34r:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Are you saying that low post members are worth less, i know many members personally, not many have high post counts

Hey, its his choice, you don't have to do things the way he does, if you don't choose to. Don't take offence to it. Many other guys are willing to deal with newer members....