Gun carry on bicycle

Fast Forward

Sorry super dof...

Have you heard of ANY MTB'r being raped in SA???

yes in kempton park not long ago and she is a hubber so you might want to ease up

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical hub.

The op never asked for your opinion on whether or not to carry. It seams pretty clear. He is merely asking for tips on how.

Again we have hijacked (pardon the pun) into a gun debate.

sorry matt DAD :blush:

I gave it a thought, but where do you carry a gun?

I carry mine in my back pocket. It doesnt stick out at all. Makes a buldge though. Make sure you carry your licence with you as well.

Typical hub.

The op never asked for your opinion on whether or not to carry. It seams pretty clear. He is merely asking for tips on how.

Again we have hijacked (pardon the pun) into a gun debate.

Well then back to the OP's question this is my answer (which I do believe pertains to the topic)

Post on any of these forums...

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/forum.php/

http://www.gunownerssa.org/forum/

Asking riders on use of a gun is stupid, rather ask the professionals, they will give you valuable advice and answer your question without hostility.

Well then back to the OP's question this is my answer (which I do believe pertains to the topic)

Post on any of these forums...

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/forum.php/

http://www.gunownerssa.org/forum/

Asking riders on use of a gun is stupid, rather ask the professionals, they will give you valuable advice and answer your question without hostility.

you assume none of the cyclists are gun "professionals"?

I am not being insensetive here but think about this....

You are riding along. You take a minor fall and your gun goes off and shoots your girlfriend/best mate/Epic partner or your father in law. What you gonna do homie??!!

Ask oscar, his gun went off when he was looking at it (so he says).

What would you do? Please don't say it would never happen. Tell that to all the people who have been shot by mistake. Ask all the people who were carrying the gun that went off.

Guns dont just go off by themselves. If yours does get rid of it or give it to someone that you want to get rid of. :oops: Never ride one up. :thumbdown:

you assume none of the cyclists are gun "professionals"?

Nope, there may be one or two, but I am sure there will be many more on those forums.

Advice from multiple sources is better than advice from 1 or 2

Lekker man - thanks Wayne. Yes, I want to know if anyone carries and the best ways of doing it. Maybe a few remarks given that I am in the business of Prosecution. The obvious - the firearm must be legal and carried concealed. To avoid a situation is better than to get involved in one, but I do not intend on sitting locked up inside my house being to scared to go out because of thugs. A person is entitled to defend himself proportional to the amount of violence used against him. The attack must be imminent or in progress. You may only use lethal force if your life or someone else's life is in danger. There is no distinctive answer as to when you may or may not kill/shoot another in self defence - each situation will be analysed on its own merits. If the facts of a situation is clear that you acted in self defence then the chances that you will be arrested on the spot is slim - unless the investigator at the scene wants to get sued. In these scenarios where someone gets killed an inquest docket should be opened and the matter fully investigated - yes - your firearm may be seized for ballistic tests. I think its all about a matter of using your common sense. If you own a firearm you should know how to use it and be willing to use it - when in doubt, then don't. I ride alone quite often - I cannot always ride in a group. I chose my routes wisely. I tell others when and where I'll be riding. If I find a person on the road/track I try to keep my distance and be more aware of an imminent attack and think/plan how I would react if this person attacks. In urban areas the carrying of a gun would pose more challenges than rural areas. Everyone must make his own decision and live with it...

I don't have to carry a gun with me on the bike. I already carry two deadly weapons on me.post-16512-0-93250700-1409228578_thumb.jpg

:eek: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THE HAND OF THOR???

ps you need a new watch those links look as tired as those THINGS you call hands

Edited by DIPSLICK