Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

Oukay. Now, Douglas; you can start taking out your notebook again.

Edited by BeegMig

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have information you are not sharing, or is this pure conjecture?

Questions kosmo, just questions and so few answers.

Call me a skeptic, but I call bullsh*t on that one!

is there an affidavit from the pharmacist?

“We would like to take this opportunity to remind all athletes that, due to the principle of strict liability, athletes must exercise extreme caution at all times with regards to any food and/or medical products they may come into contact with.”

Galant

Questions kosmo, just questions and so few answers.

But none of us has read the transcripts, or were there at the hearing, but I for one assume all the details were sufficiently dealt with, a watertight case was presented, with sufficient evidence, and the truth was told.

Like I said earlier, there was no biological passport anomalies, and that now is the best test against doping that there is. Testing for femtograms of drugs that are totally banned is problematic due to contamination risks, and how careful must one be now? cant live in a bubble can we.

But they should re-look at these laws, and if a test like these shows a result of minuscule proportions and there is no bio passport problem, generally they shouldn't proceed with prosecution. But the problem is in these agencies there are people trying to show that they are doing their (well paid) jobs so they will go for anything.

I for one really feel for Daryl and his family, and its great that they could trace the contamination, but I am sure he will come back stronger.

Call me a skeptic, but I call bullsh*t on that one!

Skepticism not needed to call bullsh*t by its name.

And also making headlines: ANC have proof that Zuma paid for Nkandla himself !

I was glad to hear that Daryl was cleared, but with that "proof". :clap: . Give that spin doctor a BELLS!!

He can be glad he did not test positive for every other banned substance the pharmacist handled that day or perhaps any estrogen derivatives given daily to the menopausal ladies. :whistling:

Edited by IH8MUD

Skepticism not needed to call bullsh*t by its name.

And also making headlines: ANC have proof that Zuma paid for Nkandla himself !

I was glad to hear that Daryl was cleared, but with that "proof". :clap: . Give that spin doctor a BELLS!!

He can be glad he did not test positive for every other banned substance the pharmacist handled that day or perhaps any estrogen derivatives given daily to the menopausal ladies. :whistling:

Agreed........I believe most are up to their eyeballs,but they just play the game too well to be caught.This excuse takes the cake.Well played the pharmacist...

DI not out the woods yet it seems and quite a few sceptics Down Under

http://cyclingtips.c...will-be-lodged/

Reads like 'due process' to me but unfortunately the issue of doping in sport is an emotionally charged one that obscures rational thought, especially for all those still-heartbroken former LA fans :wacko:

Reads like 'due process' to me but unfortunately the issue of doping in sport is an emotionally charged one that obscures rational thought, especially for all those still-heartbroken former LA fans :wacko:

For me it's quite simple.

People become skeptics and often for the wrong reasons.

Some have this deep rooted need to see travesty, they hunger and hanker after tragedy and want to see all and sundry "go down"

This whilst they all sit with skeletons in their own closets.

There is of course the fact that they suffered painful rejection as youngsters and now try and make up for it by not seeing any good in anything else.

The other flip side is also that they are pretty damn angry that they can't be the next DI or Cancellara, Cavendish, Voigt ............... so they live in this testosterone filled dream world that tells them "you are the greatest cyclist of your generation" even though they haven't made it to the top.

In short it's a deeply rooted jealousy in others and the success they achieved and the only way to make them feel better about their short comings, is to see others fail as well.

Bottom line, we would not have had news headlines telling us that Impey has been vindicated if the proper channels had not been followed, is really that difficult to share the joy and success that others achieve in their lives ?

For me it's quite simple.

People become skeptics and often for the wrong reasons.

Some have this deep rooted need to see travesty, they hunger and hanker after tragedy and want to see all and sundry "go down"

This whilst they all sit with skeletons in their own closets.

There is of course the fact that they suffered painful rejection as youngsters and now try and make up for it by not seeing any good in anything else.

The other flip side is also that they are pretty damn angry that they can't be the next DI or Cancellara, Cavendish, Voigt ............... so they live in this testosterone filled dream world that tells them "you are the greatest cyclist of your generation" even though they haven't made it to the top.

In short it's a deeply rooted jealousy in others and the success they achieved and the only way to make them feel better about their short comings, is to see others fail as well.

Bottom line, we would not have had news headlines telling us that Impey has been vindicated if the proper channels had not been followed, is really that difficult to share the joy and success that others achieve in their lives ?

Thanks dr ruth

Thanks dr ruth

Chill out pal, let's not get in to a tussle all over again because today I am ready for anything.

We know you hate dopers and we know your are on an anti-doping crusade or perhaps even the Captain America of the anti-dpoing world, but unless any of you skeptics have any facts other than pure speculation, why should we not be glad for Daryl.

If anything, as athletes you should revel and see this as a win for Daryl and many other athletes out there who could be unfairly treated.

Remember this, any little pearls of wisdom people may tweet for sensationalism and attention whoring ends up having major repercussions in the livelihood of these people.

It's not like they are running for gold in the schools 100 meter dash.

Chill out pal, let's not get in to a tussle all over again because today I am ready for anything.

We know you hate dopers and we know your are on an anti-doping crusade or perhaps even the Captain America of the anti-dpoing world, but unless any of you skeptics have any facts other than pure speculation, why should we not be glad for Daryl.

If anything, as athletes you should revel and see this as a win for Daryl and many other athletes out there who could be unfairly treated.

Remember this, any little pearls of wisdom people may tweet for sensationalism and attention whoring ends up having major repercussions in the livelihood of these people.

It's not like they are running for gold in the schools 100 meter dash.

dude - no one cares about your pseudo psycho analysis. get over yourself

Edited by fandacious

dude - no one cares about your pseudo psycho analysis. get over yourself

Confusing chap you are, tell me a few weeks ago your door is open to me if I am ever in the Cape and today you decide to make your true feelings known.

Siestog mamma se seuntjie, you still a little queazy over that little legal scare ?

You should be, your reckless tweets took food of people's tables .

Confusing chap you are, tell me a few weeks ago your door is open to me if I am ever in the Cape and today you decide to make your true feelings known.

Siestog mamma se seuntjie, you still a little queazy over that little legal scare ?

You should be, your reckless tweets took food of people's tables .

oh dear. you got me.

Now why did you bring Oom Lance into the discussion?

Rational thought is exactly why some people are being skeptical about this.