Tubehunter

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well done on an epic ride guys! That is amazing - and on quite a long climb too. 15 times up that pass must have been quite a workout!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is insane, I used to run up Serissa and it is a real killer. Congrats to these riders!

post-3664-0-92818300-1538978501_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-10856800-1538978365_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-15133500-1538978565_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hacc

Check out this video from Ollie on GCN. The Passo Valparola , avg gradient 5.8%, 800m ascent 14km in length. He conpleted 12 runs approximately 336km.

Edited by Cippo

• 2 months later...

some work been done here in the holidays, well done okes!

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/ - RSA up to 89 successes, South Africa up to 24, so in total over 100 now.

interestingly kevbenky was MR Everesting,

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/hill/197192275

wimpie vd Merwe is catching up!

https://everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/#/hill/752233566

am now planning my own inaugral attempt on an unclaimed stretch of tarmac

So once a hill has been Everested, it cannot be used again by someone else?

So once a hill has been Everested, it cannot be used again by someone else?

It can, it's just not in the spirit of the challenge.  Snippet taken from the Everesting rules:

– The first Everesting ride for each climb will be signified by ‘First’ on the hall of fame (or First* if you Everested at the same time as more than one other rider). Copied a ride that someone else has done? It absolutely still counts in the hall of fame. Everesting is tough whichever way you look at it, although in the spirit of adventure why not seek something uncharted and stamp your name on the side of it?

It can, it's just not in the spirit of the challenge. Snippet taken from the Everesting rules:

– The first Everesting ride for each climb will be signified by ‘First’ on the hall of fame (or First* if you Everested at the same time as more than one other rider). Copied a ride that someone else has done? It absolutely still counts in the hall of fame. Everesting is tough whichever way you look at it, although in the spirit of adventure why not seek something uncharted and stamp your name on the side of it?

Ah I see. At some point it’ll be hard to get the “firsts”. Respect to all that have done it nonetheless.

• 8 months later...