on Kindle: Everything you need to know about Bicycle Chains - Author Johan Bornman

straatvark

+1.  If you know the basics, reading a 91 page book will burn a few hours of your life that you will never get back.  I'll rather watch Liptstiek Dipstiek for the 144th time.

Watching lipstiek dipstiek is never wasting time...

Juffrou GOUWSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know right....its a consumable on a bike, if its moeg you replace, what more do you need to know

Not really, you need to understand that it will take around 89 pages of describing the definition between stretch and elongate .

Then two pages on how to measure a chain and replacing of chains and what types of chains you get (speed)

Then the book is in and amongst millions of other e-books on Amazon that people publish where you can have anything from how the peel potatoes to how to murder your mother in law and dodge the forensics .

91 pages, really....about a chain

A) when it breaks replace it

B) get a tool to measure the wear(so you know when it is about to break)

C) try run your chain with the least amount of flex, ie choose the right gear

D) always lube, always clean

E) know how to fit a quick link

F) all of the above

Let me find Portia my 5 year old quick to check if daddy got it right,

Oh I'm a 100 kg buffalo and I have never had to fix a chain on the side of the road, and I commute :)

I'm with you here. It really is not 91-page complicated to look after your chain. I would much rather use your half page logic as it has served me very well

Edited by lapa

Not really, you need to understand that it will take around 89 pages of describing the definition between stretch and elongate .

Then two pages on how to measure a chain and replacing of chains and what types of chains you get (speed)

Then the book is in and amongst millions of other e-books on Amazon that people publish where you can have anything from how the peel potatoes to how to murder your mother in law and dodge the forensics .

link??  :ph34r:

I really do hope he extrapolates it to cover everything on the modern bike. It could be a handy compendium a bit like Noakes' Lore of Running.

So I foresee another book in the offing in some years admitting that what he first told you was all wrong...oh, wait, it's Bornman we're talking about, he's, like, never wrong...

So I foresee another book in the offing in some years admitting that what he first told you was all wrong...oh, wait, it's Bornman we're talking about, he's, like, never wrong...

so what you are trying to say is that squirt is the best thing since sliced bread and no matter what the literature says at the moment in the distant future the wax revolution will start?

Let's also not forget that Tim Noakes is actually quite an expert in his field and he is often lauded by his peers.

Yeah, no wonder the hubforum has such a wonderfull name.

Has anyone who has commented actualy got and read the book?

Swiss I am getting older, my time is limited, 91 pages is a few hours that my poor children will never get back, as a old man I need to be very careful with time allocation

We are discussing the author and Lipstiek Dipstiek, topics we are qualified to discuss. If you have the time to read the book please post a summary here.

Edited by Showtime

If you think you measure chain wear with a chain checker tool you need to buy this book.

I did not always agree with Johan but his lesson on how to check chain wear was spot on and has served me well. Saved me money also.

Customer Reviews
There are no customer reviews yet.