Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

any one have some advice, my trance two has the QR on the back.. how do I swap it for the same lever( don't know the name) that's in front?

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished this bike after buying the frame from @sakkiebomskok last year September...

attachicon.gifIMG-20150403-WA0000.jpg

After a full easterweekend of riding Wolwespruit, RedBarn and PWC.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150407_085404.jpg

Nice little DH section at RedBarn:

Saw this machine at Big Red Barn over the weekend... Photos do it no justice! 

My buddy and I were perving badly over this sexy beast!

Quick question though.... that downhill section, where about is that at the barn?

Saw this machine at Big Red Barn over the weekend... Photos do it no justice! 

My buddy and I were perving badly over this sexy beast!

Quick question though.... that downhill section, where about is that at the barn?

The best I can explain is -25.934967, 28.218010

Riding the trails you probably go past it twice, but the quickest way is taking the blue route from the dirt road ( one that goes under the Rosie bridge jump). This blue route goes into a black which goes down to the river over a bridge. The DH is in this area.

post-51254-0-79397300-1428578458_thumb.jpg

You my friend. Have good taste in forks

Hahaha why thank you!

The best I can explain is -25.934967, 28.218010

Riding the trails you probably go past it twice, but the quickest way is taking the blue route from the dirt road ( one that goes under the Rosie bridge jump). This blue route goes into a black which goes down to the river over a bridge. The DH is in this area.

attachicon.gifDH.JPG

Thank you good sir!  know exactly where that is, Its 1 of 3 sections at the Barn I haven't ridden yet.... but it will be ridden ASAP!

any one have some advice, my trance two has the QR on the back.. how do I swap it for the same lever( don't know the name) that's in front?

You go to your lbs and get the thru axle conversion kit...

Not all frames are convertible  

2015 Anthem 29'er is not, but the 27.5 frames are.

I am quite bummed about that as it would have been a nice upgrade

Not all frames are convertible  

2015 Anthem 29'er is not, but the 27.5 frames are.

I am quite bummed about that as it would have been a nice upgrade

I did my 27.5 Trance 2 but it was not as simple as my LBS...

My LBS went to Giant and got drop-outs... easy peasy because you just order a derailleur hangar kit for a trance adv - the problem is the thru axle which apparently is a Giant special thread DT Swiss item... I don't think the others just fit... Had to get one from Giant...

I did my 27.5 Trance 2 but it was not as simple as my LBS...

My LBS went to Giant and got drop-outs... easy peasy because you just order a derailleur hangar kit for a trance adv - the problem is the thru axle which apparently is a Giant special thread DT Swiss item... I don't think the others just fit... Had to get one from Giant...

A kit is available and you do need the special Giant threaded axle as you say, but not all frames are convertible.

Lucky for you, yours is.

Giant made several changes and upgrades to the new 27.5" bikes and left the older 29'ers as is.

post-615-0-71229200-1429021164_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-84710100-1429021174_thumb.jpg

post-615-0-69843100-1429021882_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This got me through Joberg2C with minimal fuss

Zero maintenance apart from regular chain lube (I checked the tyre and shock pressure twice)

What a machine!

Wheels lined up, Crank at 90, Chain on big blade= GOOD PHOTO :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

My 2014 TCR. Iv added the selle italia SLR carbon saddle. ENVE wheels. KMC X11L gold chain. Came standard with compact cranks and changed them for normal cranks. All components are 6800 ULTEGRA. Next in the pipeline is blue lizard skin bar tape. Would also like a carbon seat post.