Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

I bought from Amazon but hopefully you can extend the period of the voucher

So I tried this Amazon thing. .Roku4 at 129 usd. ..it said no delivery to SA.....????????

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If browsing on web, on the let you can filter search results to show "ship to South Africa".

Don't see a Roku 4 but the Roku 3 $102,99 is there. Also 39 other offers of new Roku3 for $75 etc

If browsing on web, on the let you can filter search results to show "ship to South Africa".

Don't see a Roku 4 but the Roku 3 $102,99 is there. Also 39 other offers of new Roku3 for $75 etc

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I should sign in and see what is available.

So far moreflicks.com hasnt been updated to include any new zones.

Naspers must have pooped a little when they saw that.

Just signed up. Not many new series, but the Netflix series are looking good....

Its just nice to have a service with things we want to watch and not hours of repeats!

ok, so its time ...

took an old office i3, upgraded it to windows 10.

hooked it up to the DVD player, switched on the streaming feature in windows media player - and voila  - I now have a media centre. The only pain is I cannot use the DVD player remote to fast forward to rewind - but I can use it to control which files to select on the PC.

Only thing to figure out now is this netflix thingy.

Oh yes and I will be asking for help with Kodi.

Last thing - thanks for the thread guys. Great inspiration to step up and try something new. Like drag yourself into the 21st century.

ok, so its time ...

took an old office i3, upgraded it to windows 10.

hooked it up to the DVD player, switched on the streaming feature in windows media player - and voila  - I now have a media centre. The only pain is I cannot use the DVD player remote to fast forward to rewind - but I can use it to control which files to select on the PC.

Only thing to figure out now is this netflix thingy.

Oh yes and I will be asking for help with Kodi.

Last thing - thanks for the thread guys. Great inspiration to step up and try something new. Like drag yourself into the 21st century.

I'm not sure what other options are out there that you could look at, but, personally, I have a media server in one room and a Roku running in the lounge over my wireless network which works like a charm and it has it's own remote. ;)

You get different model Roku's, but I have the entry level streaming stick. Costs a few hundred rand and does everything I need it to.

Lurch, does the Roku then replace the DVD player ?

So you go from the PC, to the Roku and then into the TV ?

*have not done much research into the Roku and other such devices, was trying to get the streaming thing going with using what I had rather than spend money*

Only issue I've found now that Netflix is herein SA is that the Netflix icon is not on my Samsung Smart TV but all the DSTV rubbish is there.

post-35786-0-78556500-1452144460_thumb.jpg

Will it come from Samsung as an update?