A roadside spat between several cyclists has thrown Cycling SA into a fierce race row

milky4130

If I read the OP statement correctly all the riders got suspended and thus no one "got off" 

I will use this font next time .

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what was the outcome of that case?

I believe he got a short ban... 1 week or 1 month...something like that

Unlikely,

they will threaten to sue and then extra evidence will be created introduced that creates a different and conflicting tone to the charges and all charges will be dropped and they will be allowed to race.

So according to you the two accused are guilty? No fair hearing, just off with their heads?

I understand how racing goes? Everybody likes to put you around and we have to fight back or stop them from putting you around. Those guys need to grow up and stop being racist. CSA guys should explain to us why ban all 4 guys? We are members of CSA and we need to know...

Can't see in the article that Somchiza was suspended, only Day, Jooste and Kaka.

Guys the youngster that was been shoved by the two guys was not suspended at all, Luthando who intervened in the spat was suspended and yes it is Chris from Prince Albert.

Please note Chris Dusty and Luthando race against each other on a weekly basis (Westvaal and Bonitas).

There is something missing from this article. Why was CSA adamant not to lift the suspension of Kaka and forcing a second court appearance? One wonders

So according to you the two accused are guilty? No fair hearing, just off with their heads?

are you suggesting there are mitigating circumstances for using the K word?

All 4 are racing Tour de Boland currently, so bans must have been lifted.

Does that mean a decision has been made re CSA or have they wiped their hands clean and made its SAPS problem?

Why was CSA adamant not to lift the suspension of Kaka and forcing a second court appearance?

Why hold back the facts ?

The article clearly tells the story from 1 side only. I have seen too many instances where we are fed half the facts and lead to believe the truth the media want us to believe. Until I see an article with a response from CSA as well as the other riders involved, perhaps even a witness or too also, I will not react or take sides.

Yes... the play with clever wording by the press....

"While taking part in the Dis-Chem Ride for Sight race in Boksburg last month, Kaka was verbally abused in a racist rant by fellow cyclists when he stood up for a young black cyclist, Siyabonga Somchiza, who had been forced off the road by Chris Jooste".

According my google skills he (Siyabonga) is older than Chris Jooste....

Not that that justifies the use of the K word, but it does give the impression that he was disadvantaged in some way by being young....

There is never mitigating circumstances for using the K word. But was the word used? Can this be confirmed? or does there not need to be any evidence because a black person said that he called him the K word?

So you heard them using the K-word? Or are you basing your assumptions on what you read in the press and onesided hearsay? 

All 4 are racing Tour de Boland currently, so bans must have been lifted.

Does that mean a decision has been made re CSA or have they wiped their hands clean and made its SAPS problem?

Thanks for clearing that up. Probably sounded like too much admin

Guys the youngster that was been shoved by the two guys was not suspended at all, Luthando who intervened in the spat was suspended and yes it is Chris from Prince Albert.

Please note Chris Dusty and Luthando race against each other on a weekly basis (Westvaal and Bonitas).

There is something missing from this article. Why was CSA adamant not to lift the suspension of Kaka and forcing a second court appearance? One wonders

Undoubtedly, there is no place for racism in sport and if the two cyclists in question are found guilty then they undoubtedly deserve to be severely punished.

HOWEVER, this thread appears to only portray one side of the story and perhaps Kaka said something racism himself... Or can only white folk be racist?

Archived