epic women's race not up to scratch - Gunn-Rita

#Pete#

Still never heard of him .

You should pay attention. 

He was on TheHub asking for advice on what he can do to stop getting punctures in his MTB tubes.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprise! If one reads her blog it is primarily glowingly positive about the event and not the ranting of a sour prima donna. I have to smile at some of the acid comments from our hub legends but with 28 World Cup wins,18 Olympic, World and European championship gold medals over a 20 year professional mtb career hopefully people will appreciate G-R's comments where they are comming from.

Most wouldn't have read that far or would have given up because they struggled with the big words.

Wyatt, google cycle passion calender gunn rita.

Van, the point, I think, is to at least keep the herds together.

Most wouldn't have read that far or would have given up because they struggled with the big words.

Wyatt, google cycle passion calender gunn rita.

Van, the point, I think, is to at least keep the herds together.

Errm just NO.

I did once.

The point is that each day essentially becomes a time trial with the ladies teams starting in seperate groups, rather than starting together and being able to mark each other.

Let the category leaders gather at the start for the photos and press bits. Start the mens elite off on their own with the top 50 mens only teams. 2 min gap and then start the top15 of Masters, Grand Masters, Mixed and Ladies teams. 2 min gap and the rest go according to GC in their batches.

Everyone in each of the categories is then racing against their own rivals and has the opportunity to turn their race around daily, whether it be for GC honours or individual stage glory!

Did the top 5 on gc not start together everyday?

I know in the men's catergories they did.

It might have been said a few times on this thread that only the top 3 but maybe I'm wrong .....

Did she not have a chance to get her seeding sorted from the prologue ?

In that case Milky, whether it;s top three or five the team just couldn't cut it so it seems .

They were 8th after st1, but on st2 should have started at the front as it was a hotspot stage. 

They were still 8th after St2, so wouldn't have started in the front on 3 even though they were within an hour of 3rd place

6th after st3, 45 min off the nr 1 spot, so same result as above

Her partner pulled out in stage 4, so from there she wasn't part of the race anymore. 

Did she not have a chance to get her seeding sorted from the prologue ?

In that case Milky, whether it;s top three or five the team just couldn't cut it so it seems .

They were 7th in the prologue, 6m39 off 1st place and 1m09 from beating 5th place finishers on the prologue. 

The point is that each day essentially becomes a time trial with the ladies teams starting in seperate groups, rather than starting together and being able to mark each other.

Let the category leaders gather at the start for the photos and press bits. Start the mens elite off on their own with the top 50 mens only teams. 2 min gap and then start the top15 of Masters, Grand Masters, Mixed and Ladies teams. 2 min gap and the rest go according to GC in their batches.

Everyone in each of the categories is then racing against their own rivals and has the opportunity to turn their race around daily, whether it be for GC honours or individual stage glory!

The 15th womens team came 474 GC, mixed was 242 GC and grand masters 236 GC. I doubt whether in these categories anyone was racing beyond 5th or 6th place. As a matter of interest, up to what position still gets prize money in the various categories for stage wins and Category wins? 

They were 7th in the prologue, 6m39 off 1st place and 1m09 from beating 5th place finishers on the prologue. 

So what is she moping about, she just didn't have the legs.

The rules where known before the race. 

If you don't like it ... don't enter.

If there is a problem during the event open your mouth and ask the commissionaire or something.

No need to bitch afterwards.

As for starting the top 10 ladies teams in the front. That is just not going to work. Not all of the top 10 are on EPIC racing standards. 

Can you imagine the abuse the ladies will have to take when the "faster" guys catch them from behind. Shouting to move off the racing line so they can pass more easily.

Not fair towards the ladies and also not fair towards the men.

It might have been said a few times on this thread that only the top 3 but maybe I'm wrong .....

doesnt mean they are right

Just to put everyone in the picture, this is who we are discussing - http://www.cyclepassion.com/images/product_images/thumbnail_images/21_0.jpg

right, as you were, carry on...

The rules where known before the race. 

If you don't like it ... don't enter.

If there is a problem during the event open your mouth and ask the commissionaire or something.

No need to bitch afterwards.

As for starting the top 10 ladies teams in the front. That is just not going to work. Not all of the top 10 are on EPIC racing standards. 

Can you imagine the abuse the ladies will have to take when the "faster" guys catch them from behind. Shouting to move off the racing line so they can pass more easily.

Not fair towards the ladies and also not fair towards the men.

It seems when you have won as many golds as she has you are allowed to beeeyatch and moan.

That's why Suzi moans all the time .

From the starting times posted a few pages back, groups 0,A and B had the same start time with group C starting 10 minutes later each day. Surely if you are then feeling strong on the day you should be able to draft your way to the front - or the front ladies?

Apologies if I'm missing the point completely...

Archived