Happy Easter!!What are your Easter weekend riding plans?

L.T.G

The usual suspects, Avianto, Heia etc.

Have not been to heia for a while. My bike has been calling out for the berms....

May even try my avianto, heia mega ride via cradle mtb route.

My plan for Monday. Going to park at Heia, head to Avianto via the Cradle MTB route, do the blue trails on both sides of the river, head back and see what I have left in the tank for Heia - blue, red and yellow if I'm feeling good.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy riding.... I'm IDT bound for a few weeks with a fractured elbow... How my heart aches to cycle with my friends

Planning on riding everyday this weekend. Starting at 14H00 tomorrow (Thu).

Still discovering best routes around my area, so no plan. Just hop on and go in a different direction each day.

Will probably head to Moderfontein on one of the days. Did 24km there last Sun and really enjoyed it.

Scenic route through the mielie fields of Wes Transvaal for 4 days  :)

Aiming for 100km + per day on the MTB. We may even do as much as 100m of climbing over the 100km!  :eek:

Screw you all. I have to work...

We're working too...

Working on getting the blood pumping, the legs going, the tan... ;)

As for the riding plans...

Somabula tomorrow with the MTB.

Will hit the Cradle one of the other 3 days with the road bike.

Other two days, I'll play around on the MTB in my area.

OFF to Hilton, partly to ride the forests and also to drink ice cold beer while watching the mountain bike event that's on the go..

OFF to Hilton, partly to ride the forests and also to drink ice cold beer while watching the mountain bike event that's on the go..

Ah man that makes me jealous.

I moved to JHB from Hilton about 11 years ago. I lived across the road from the start of the forest (Howick side). Was in that forest almost daily on my MTB. Seriously miss it.

Friday - Long training ride over Paarl MOuntain into Rhebokskloof and back through the reserve and the local trails.

Saturday - Welvanpas Enduro

Sunday - family

Monday - Some more Rhebokskloof.

I posted my planned route on the "where did your bike take you today" thread, so I figured this is the better place...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?/topic/93073-Where-has-your-bike-taken-you-today?&do=findComment&comment=2592325

Where WILL my bike be taking me this coming weekend? Can't wait!

526Km (132 + 116 + 121 + 157)

4929m

Tour de East Rand (and a bit of Jozi)

attachicon.gifEaster Weekend rides.PNG

OK....I am very intrigued.

What software is that?  Google maps but how do you get the elevation at the bottom?  And multiple paths.

Archived