Lectrics (you alone) and garden duty (I'll help). If I need an extra set of hands with the paintwork I'll call you. And in winter we're gonna have to shovel snow Zak. Lots and lots of snow (I hope)!!!!

I'm good with lectrics, just not sure it'll work when I'm done.... ????

Hey, Bonus, I'll be your bike mechanic, you'll need one to make sure all your guests bikes are tip top before their ride out.... ???? isn't that the main aim to this adventure? ????

#Justsaying

Edited by ZakAttak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our house is finally empty. Tonight we are sleeping on a borrowed camping mattress and living out of the suitcases we will fly with.

After 4 days of watching people packing and wrapping stuff I am actually knackered myself.

Now the real fun begins.... good luck and stay in touch.... ;)

Last weeks moving day :-)

We hired a trailer to take some bits to a friends house.

The removal company used a bakkie to take stuff from the house up to the gate where the truck was waiting.

I stored some bits in our own trailer- it's going with us.

post-4874-0-57539900-1454267488_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-24468900-1454267525_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-71530100-1454267537_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-92344300-1454267551_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-99358700-1454267570_thumb.jpg

That's a lot of stuff

Turns out you are not wrong. We have sent more things for shipping than you can get in a 20ft container :-)

We will go through to the warehouse in Kew shortly to decide whether to take a few things out or change to a 12m container. You only pay for the volume you actually use, so a 12m container is not necessarily twice the price of a 6m container.

Turns out you are not wrong. We have sent more things for shipping than you can get in a 20ft container :-)

We will go through to the warehouse in Kew shortly to decide whether to take a few things out or change to a 12m container. You only pay for the volume you actually use, so a 12m container is not necessarily twice the price of a 6m container.

I'm getting butterflies in my Tummy just reading this... This is exciting...  ^_^

Holy smoke this makes me want to cry. Said goodbye at the airport and thought after all the agro of packing (and Bonus did indeed salvage a lot of junk that I tossed out) enough for a good fight. I thought thank heavens he is leaving early. I need a break. But tonight I watched him go and thought maybe I can shorten the 9 months I was going to stay away from Mr agro. I will go in 2 or 3 weeks. He looked so sad and forlorn.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been in the UK for a little over a week now and I've been sniffing and coughing since I got here!  I started coming down with a cold before I left and 16 hrs flying did nothing to help it. Hopefully over the worst of it now.

I have a car now that I can drive down to Spain in, with as much of my stuff from storage as will fit. Picked it up at the weekend. And today our Solicitor in Spain, who is also a friend now, sent through some pics of the apartment we will stay in while our building project gets off the ground.

Considering my first option was going to be sleeping in a tent on-site, this is going to be heaven!

post-4874-0-56221700-1455643777_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-05097800-1455643818_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-01773800-1455643836_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-13119200-1455643847_thumb.jpg