• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a ton of wood in our out buildings that belongs to us now. Fire wood, planed timber, rough timber, a great big tree trunk, planks, poles . . . you name it!

post-4874-0-96574700-1457691412_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-37155100-1457691425_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-64410900-1457691445_thumb.jpg

Where's the pump track pics???? :devil:

Aaaah wait, you've got wood to make some obstacles for riding over! AWESOME... :ph34r:  :whistling:

Joking aside, it looks like you are firmly sorted out there Bonus and Wendy! Enjoy every second of the process!

I'm almost embarrassed to call what I'm doing "work" because it's such a pleasure. :-)

You sure are a fortune fella.. my work view does NOT look like that.

As you would expect from a pyromaniac after three days of moving and stacking wood, yesterday was bonfire day!

Burning up anything that isn't worth keeping, wood with woodworm etc and as much garden rubbish as possible. Of course the bonfire led to a small "planned and controlled" veld fire that cleared half of the back garden of long grass.

No work today, so Wendy is coming with me to check out my progress at the house then we will drive through to Jaca for an afternoon of sightseeing in our favorite Pyrenean town.

Guest notmyname

I'm almost embarrassed to call what I'm doing "work" because it's such a pleasure. :-)

Isn't that what life is supposed to be. Hard hours in.. pleasure reward. Man I'm green!

*if you guys need a hort/garden machine let me know.

Edited by Small Fry

Took a trip into the mountains yesterday for lunch and a look around.

Beautiful scenery - the camera really doesn't do it justice. The roads are kept completely clear of snow, so driving is safe after it has snowed. Driving "while it is still snowing" might be a different story!

I'm forgetting what that heat wave in SA felt like a month ago . . .

post-4874-0-06499700-1457967080_thumb.jpeg

post-4874-0-62939500-1457967120_thumb.jpeg

post-4874-0-94318600-1457967170_thumb.jpeg

post-4874-0-45246200-1457967223_thumb.jpeg

post-4874-0-13534000-1457967264_thumb.jpeg

There are certain rules that you have to comply with if you move to Spain to live and you are not actually moving to a job (and therefore paying tax to the Spanish government).

The first rule is that you have to prove that you can support yourself financially. This means obtaining a "balance certificate" from your Spanish bank proving that you have at least 5000 Euros (for a single person) or 8000 Euros (for a couple) in the bank. The second rule requires you to take out a private medical insurance policy so that you will be taken care of in the event of injury or illness and not be a burden on the Spanish "Seguridad Social". These proofs have to be taken together to the police station where they will be officially noted and logged. Then you can be given "Spanish residence".

We took an hour's drive through to the town of Huesca yesterday to visit our "legal team" at the offices of Asesoría Morlán. They are taking care of all of our legal matters here in Spain. (and I can't recommend them enough. They have been fantastic with us!) They provided the conveyancing solicitor for our property purchase back in September and the Tax Advisor I spoke to about registering ourselves as a business when I visited them upon arriving in Spain nearly a month ago. They also found us our rental apartment in Ainsa and did all the communicating and arranging with the Spanish landlady!

Yesterday we met with an Insurance Advisor who, with the help of our friend and translator Sole, talked us through the private medical insurance we need to take out.

Everything is looking good. Everything is being done correctly and legally. (not my normal modus operandi I must admit - I tend to just do what I like and see what happens).

So, from today we should have full medical insurance. Now finally I can climb up on the roof and start taking off the old roof tiles . . . !

"Spanish residence" sounds very affordable I honestly would have thought the figures would be looooong money, interesting so by the sounds of things if you get yourself a reasonable income you are good to go. Because looking around at country property it's not stoopid money like New Zealand,,, so then the catch I take it is getting a semi decent income started there?? Don't get me wrong I'm not naive but if you look around at costs from start to finish, property,,cars and and and it's sounding like a cheaper option than New Zealand, Australia, Canada

I must find out how long the Spanish authorities think 8000€ would support a couple for. It's about R130k but without knowing how exactly the cost of livings compare it's pretty meaningless just to convert 8k€ to Rand at whatever today's rate is.

Wendy says the day to day grocery shopping is costing us about the same as it did in SA.

Property here ranges from a very cheap refurbishment opportunity to massive mansions. Take your pick . . . .