Ethics in classifieds!?

JTK

And the guy that says only done 250 kms as per strava...So who said you uploaded all the rides....or selling a 2010 frame as 2012....when pointed out the age of the frame...he replies .." bought in 2011 and built up 2012 ".... my 5c...☺

This is just for you then :)

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/163768-pyga-140-pascoe-dream-build-top-spec-as-new/

"246 km done in total according to strava"     

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What irks me is when ppl put a photo from the net instead of the actual photo and also when they put little detail of the item they selling especially if it's high end bikes.

I mean really, if you selling a 100k bike, take the time to put the detail on and a good few pics.

Had the same thing with a set of wheels I wanted. Told the guy all I want are the actual pics and that I will take them as soon as I get the pics.... adds been deleted and no reply from the seller. 

All you have to do is say is sorry sold..... you cant just deleted the add and think its over... I need closure in my life  :(

Had the same thing with a set of wheels I wanted. Told the guy all I want are the actual pics and that I will take them as soon as I get the pics.... adds been deleted and no reply from the seller.

All you have to do is say is sorry sold..... you cant just deleted the add and think its over... I need closure in my life :(

Lol..not nice left hanging...wondering...sleeples nights...cold sweats...nightmares

I have enquired about ads only to say its sold, then flipping say so on the ad so we all know its sold.

Lol..not nice left hanging...wondering...sleeples nights...cold sweats...nightmares

I have enquired about ads only to say its sold, then flipping say so on the ad so we all know its sold.

Why leave ads up at all after the item has been sold?

Why leave ads up at all after the item has been sold?

Once sold it is a good idea to put sold on the ad for a few days so that people that were interested can now have closure in their lives knowing it is sold before the ad gets deleted :)

Once sold it is a good idea to put sold on the ad for a few days so that people that were interested can now have closure in their lives knowing it is sold before the ad gets deleted :)

Now that makes sense, I just usually say provisionally sold or delete the add when the sale goes through  :ph34r:

I think it also gives a decent idea of market value. Yup, you don't know how much something was haggled down by but it's a good start point for both buyers and sellers. There are more than a few ad's that keep being reposted almost daily that could take note of what their product is likely to go for / have gone for. 

If it's marked sold then, it's not for sale, don't click on it and you can't get annoyed. :)

Edited by hellocolour

Will chip in.. what get me is that you add a comment saying you will PM. You PM, so the seller will get notification both here and by email (as I buy and sell, I know you get an email as well).

You say you will take it at the price asked (am not even haggling) and you get no response... the ad is still up and you can see the seller has logged in a day or so after your PM.

Its not as if am a newbie and have a good rating... so the rational of advertising and then ignoring a potential sale baffles me !!

Whilst this is a recent matter... there is often a lack of communication .. even if is just to say it is sold.  I guess anonymous internet breeds it...

I would like to see a system on Bikehub where every seller and buyer has a rating.

Seller rating should be visible with all his ads,so every body can see who they are dealing with.

Ratings would be given as a percentage of positive ratings received from buyers.

So the long and short would be THE GOOD sellers will do their best to give the buyer good communication and spot on description of the condition of the merchandise.

If you receive bad ratings hubbers would be sceptical to buy from you.

The same system works on bidorbuy and ebay and I am of the opinion that it will improve the trading experience for all on the hub.It will give peace of mind to all.

Will chip in.. what get me is that you add a comment saying you will PM. You PM, so the seller will get notification both here and by email (as I buy and sell, I know you get an email as well).

You say you will take it at the price asked (am not even haggling) and you get no response... the ad is still up and you can see the seller has logged in a day or so after your PM.

Its not as if am a newbie and have a good rating... so the rational of advertising and then ignoring a potential sale baffles me !!

Whilst this is a recent matter... there is often a lack of communication .. even if is just to say it is sold.  I guess anonymous internet breeds it...

Good point.  Exactly this.

Happens all the time.  What would be the best way of handling this?

Common decency deserves a reply of sorts, especially having made phone contact originally.

Ignore it and move on?  Or rate the seller as neutral because no transaction was made?

Edited by Sepia

Whilst this is a recent matter... there is often a lack of communication .. even if is just to say it is sold. I guess anonymous internet breeds it...

Regarding the PM thing: what is the purpose of saying in the comments "PM Sent" other than informing hubbers you have sent a pm as you interested?

Why not just send a PM?

I would like to see a system on Bikehub where every seller and buyer has a rating.

Seller rating should be visible with all his ads,so every body can see who they are dealing with.

Ratings would be given as a percentage of positive ratings received from buyers.

So the long and short would be THE GOOD sellers will do their best to give the buyer good communication and spot on description of the condition of the merchandise.

If you receive bad ratings hubbers would be sceptical to buy from you.

The same system works on bidorbuy and ebay and I am of the opinion that it will improve the trading experience for all on the hub.It will give peace of mind to all.

^^^this

what must happen is that it must be mandatory to rate someone... it may not be the answer but it gives a pretty good indication of who's who...

even if its a simple rating system make up 4-5 standard questions, add stars to them, and a last section with a comment less than 200 words.