Ethics in classifieds!?

JTK

My worst is guy calls says he wants the item and he will collect it with cash. Deal is done, no mention of negotiation. Then arrives at you 2 days later after you have told other full price customers the item is sold, and NOW he wants to bargain a deal. Kick to the balls is deserved in this case I think

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What irks me is when ppl put a photo from the net instead of the actual photo and also when they put little detail of the item they selling especially if it's high end bikes.

I mean really, if you selling a 100k bike, take the time to put the detail on and a good few pics.

I have a slightly different problem.

Found an item in the classifieds, contacted the seller, chatting backwards and forwards, agree on the price, shipping, etc and then I say send me the bank details and I'll pay and since then nothing but silence!  What the hell?!

AFAIK it's not been sold to anyone else?

10000%

Happening to me at the moment.

Seems resurrecting this thread has stirred up some emotion.

"Comforting" to know that one is not alone in this struggle. LOL

And the guy that says only done 250 kms as per strava...So who said you uploaded all the rides....or selling a 2010 frame as 2012....when pointed out the age of the frame...he replies .." bought in 2011 and built up 2012 "....???? my 5c...☺

Seems resurrecting this thread has stirred up some emotion.

"Comforting" to know that one is not alone in this struggle. LOL

The struggle is real....Amandla....Awethu Edited by AlanD

95% of bikes sold on the hub have less than 250km ridden.

The other classic, it's brand new only ridden once but brand new. I dont think people understand what brand new means.

Hahah yes, and also when it says nearly new...wtf? Its either new or used even if used once then its used..klaar

I make an effort to comment on all ads that say brand new , ridden twice. WTF, it's a typical human thing , when oaks buy they want the bottom dollar price but when selling, "down hill MtB S Works , Minaar special edition , only ever ridden twice on tar with cushions on wheels" the amount of moronic adds in th classifieds can be laughable. Always amazed how many bikes were baught early this year , never ridden, and they want a grand off full retail.

Had it twice on selling bikes that the oke would agree to a price on the phone then rock up and then try and barter with the person that was handing over the bike. I was at work so could not be there for the transaction. Rather annoying. 

Still bleak I sold a beauty of an old Trek as it was a great retro bike at an amazing price, I sold it on behalf of a friend who did work with Postal in the off season. But I did see the dude the next day enjoying the bike so made me a bit better but jealous of the bike :P

This has happened to me on 3 occasions I rather purchase from a store because sellers advertise a price and then give you first option but then all of a sudden get a message saying sold ???? Also it seems there are same guys advertising under few names yet use same number I caught one out few weeks ago. Can share info if anybody wants to know.

This has happened to me on 3 occasions I rather purchase from a store because sellers advertise a price and then give you first option but then all of a sudden get a message saying sold ???? Also it seems there are same guys advertising under few names yet use same number I caught one out few weeks ago. Can share info if anybody wants to know.

Post it here so we can all be aware.

95% of bikes sold on the hub have less than 250km ridden.

The other classic, it's brand new only ridden once but brand new. I dont think people understand what brand new means.

My favourite is "Still in Package" meaning took it out of the box, used, didn't like it, and put it back in the box.

Hahah yes, and also when it says nearly new...wtf? Its either new or used even if used once then its used..klaar

I can see the 'nearly new' angle. The Evo I bought of a guy was second hand. It was used, but if  it has been ridden more than 50kms then I'd be surprised. If you gave it a wipe down and put it in a shop you wouldn't notice the difference from a new one. That's nearly / virtually new to me. 

My personal fav' is putting a massive 'BARGAIN' in the title of the ad. Most of the time, it's not.