Geek funnies

Uni

Well for me it was easy as the only franchise there that doesn't completely suck is Star Wars and thats mainly due to nostalgia. Haven't made it through an episode of any of the others...

Real geeks prefer to read sci-fi ;)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1HGWCA36hL.jpg

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old, but still one of my fav:

I love using snippets from that inserting them into technical conversations, and getting very confused or concerned looks. e.g. "Using `systemd-nspawn` gives use the power we need to crush those who oppose us."

Also the "it's just so easy, so simple.  I don't know why everyone doesn't [sOME VERY COMPLEX TECHNICAL TASK]" is a running joke in the office.

Edited by GaryvdM

I love how you calmly scroll this thread and all of sudden it's just a solid page all about the lady picture and then it is back to normal, TheHub...

I love how you calmly scroll this thread and all of sudden it's just a solid page all about the lady picture and then it is back to normal, TheHub...

...that's why we're geeks/nerds/etc (take your pick from Craig's post) - we were distracted from tech for a few minutes and then carried right on :P

git-man-page-generator.lokaltog.net

Name
git-expel-upstreamexpel a few non-allotted unstaged upstreams to some allotted stages
Synopsis
git-expel-upstream --scuffle-hold-remote [ --ride-origin | --consult-log ]
Description

git-expel-upstream expels some downstream upstreams opposite of any branched indices, and any returned refs that were earlier stripped from the automatic areas are added to a passive submodule.

git-eliminate-ref takes options significant to the git-prod-file command to control what is failed and how, but any sent stages are checked out to <lead-ref> by git-abuse-path. Any rebasing of a remote that imports an object a while after can be configured with git-assault-log, but it is possible that a reapplied error can prevent staged checking of various specified submodules. To fsck a temporary FLAY_ARCHIVE or commit the working subtrees, use the command git-fumble-object --seal-commit.

Whenever git-augment-ref archives a submodule, FOUND_STASH is stripped to repack the change of any remotes below the archive, and after a git-shift-origin (stashed by git-fake-path and/or git-procure-archive) sets an object, successfully packed packs are pulled for the git-relax-remote command, and origins that were reflogged during importing are left in a parsed state. If REORGANIZE_OTHER_AREA is not rev-listed, the head to be rebased can be defined in several ways. In case STREAMLINE_ORIGIN is cloned, to relink an automatic CIRCUMVENT_ARCHIVE and export the working tags, use the command git-smuggle-tag --foster-fear-commit, but git-taunt-index --fake-index should apply a passive git-generate-upstream before doing anything else.

Options
--scuffle-hold-remote the log can be gestured by a cherry-picked tree --ride-origin use commit to note objects/tips/ to a stripped tree --consult-log provided that this option is set, the pack prefixes histories/bases/ and stages/submodules/
See also
Edited by GaryvdM

• 5 weeks later...

Named my Wifi at Home The Dark Side, so I can join it every day....

Makes me think of an image I saw where somebody had shown a list of visible wireless networks and one was labelled, "We can hear you having sex" and those people retaliated by saying, "We can hear you NOT having sex" haha