New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv done the race 25 times. Seriously hope I get some sort of preference like I have in years gone by.

I think when they say random in the article, I think the mean "random".

I would not panic.

Sure will see you on the start line in March!

Well, I've already booked my accommodation and paid the deposit. If I cancel by end of September I will get a portion of it back though.

It might be more fair to give the riders who entered last year preference, since we paid all those money (entry fee, travel, accommodation etc) for 47km.

What if my entry is successful and my wife's isn't.

I would say that preference must then be given for cyclist who actually take part in other races as well, like Superga said, and then give chance for the non cyclist who only do the argus to entry.

So many peeps drop out and the charities will be begging us to to take their overpriced entries.....as usual there will be a glut of entries available in the substitution weeks as the south easter makes its appearance. ..????????????????

Have to agree, its BS. Why don't they give each PPA member who wants to race a spot. Or put some prerequisites on the entries.

There are many people who do not do any races during the year, why should they have the opportunity to do the Argus?. Things started going SOUTH when it became CTCT

Have to agree, its BS. Why don't they give each PPA member who wants to race a spot. Or put some prerequisites on the entries.

There are many people who do not do any races during the year, why should they have the opportunity to do the Argus?. Things started going SOUTH when it became CTCT

Technically, the route has always gone South from the start :D

They should link the entry process to Strava :P

As long as they get the process right this time! Last year was a stuff up of monumental proportions. I trust I'll get in somehow but will be very pissed if I don't! Might actually consider riding in protest!(Just kidding)

Technically, the route has always gone South from the start :D

They should link the entry process to Strava :P

hahaha yes yes.

Then I should start using strava.

I've canned my PPA membership this year (it did nothing for me) so I guess I'm in the pool with all the other plebs this year. I was looking forward to the keyboard battle though...

Am I the only one that thinks that R470 to go around the peninsula is a bit ridiculous? I enjoy going into the Nedbank tent after the race, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. R4.31 per kilometer...

Don't want to be negative but this change seems to be setting up last years mess to turn into this years best practice c*ckup.

Hmmmm, looks like my entry to the 21 club is not guaranteed by an early entry option :(

So you do all the seeding races through the year working towards a goal and then you don't get a entry? I understand the attempt at fairness but they really need to work in a qualifying system.

I think the bottom line is that the Cape Town cycle tour is becoming more of a tourist attraction than a actual tour.

Every action has a reaction. A few observations comes to mind.

1. Massive spike in accommodation request comes 28 Sept. Sell out time frame now moves to accommodation.

2. Same for Flights. (Escalation moved from R800 in June to R1400 post August in 2014).

3. Not sure if I will buy that upgrade, might not crack the nod for an entry.

4. Racetec/seeding events now mean as much as a pork sausage in a Jewish synagogue. Why do seeding races before entry confirmation?

5. Shall I ask the missus to book herself a MSC Sinfonia trip as consolation since she can't ride with me? Sure she will have Tv coverage to watch the pro's.

hahaha yes yes.

Then I should start using strava.

You don't use Strava :o

They have opened up 40 000 entries and only 27 000 people rock up on the day. I think removing the corporates was a big loss of revenue, previously corporates would buy 100 spots and only 80 ride etc... I think the panic is a little premature.

I hope that if you are rejected, and you land up having to wriggle in by buying someone else's last minute entry, you should be exempt from paying substitution fees. That way anyone who really is determined to race, will get in without being ripped a new one.

Edited by Harryn