New ballot-style entry process for 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

I'm in, just got a message saying I have a special entry reserved for the good looking people! Ok, ok, just to be clear, I'm kidding, it also include the skinny ones! ;-) (My emoticons are missing today, perhaps they were lured off the hub and killed by a dentist?)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when they say random in the article, I think the mean "random".

I would not panic.

Sure will see you on the start line in March!

So randomly picked after checking out our bios....[emoji1]

So randomly picked after checking out our bios....[emoji1]

I am pretty sure this was brought about after last years entry process and the complaints they got, I highly doubt they will create a system that will create the same amount of complaints.

I really do not think they sit around and think how to anger the cycling community the most. :P

I'm ok with coughing up R 470 to ride, even with the R 15K it will cost me and my wife to for the week down there.

I just feel they could have put in some more thought into this. Surely some sort of preference should be given to more "serious" cyclists than to the "fun" riders.

Perhaps also penalise people who entered and didn't show the previous year- they should be at the back of the queue.

I know at the end of a day there will never be a system that will pleases everybody and like the adage goes;" If you can't change something, then change the way you feel about it"

..........." If you can't change something, then change the way you feel about it"

THIS is what I'll keep in mind!

I am sure that they will look at entries as if you are a 10yr participant or 21 club, etc that you will get preference. I don't think that they are complete idiots. I agree with Pure Savage, sure they don't make decisions to piss off riders.

They are surely just trying to make it better for all.

I think that they should defn give preference to previous entrants and look at CTCT history, did you show up when you entered, etc.

They should also ban substitutions if there are no Dr notes or so forth. Then they can stop people from just entering and not using the entries..

I surely hope that I will be lucky to get an entry as this is my yearly treat!!

It would have been my 15th dash around the peninsula. But for R470 on roads that I ride every week and the irritation of a lottery system I think I have ridden my last Argus, one more entry to someone else. After experiencing the Two Oceans Ultra last year I am not unhappy with ditching the Argus.

so if you have done it 20 times you should get a leg up? by the looks of it you have had lots of chances, how about giving some first timer a taste?

Sure enough, but the first timer should qualify by doing other seeding events. "fun" riders can go in a ballot system.

By looking at this tears seeded and un seeded groups, I would guess that of the 35 000 at most 25 000 are serious riders and the rest "fun" riders, or at least people who won't care that much if they miss out on entry.

So why not give your more keen cyclists who did 2 or 3 seeded events a first chance to enter- I doubt there will be 25 000- and then throw it open on a ballot basis.

It would have been my 15th dash around the peninsula. But for R470 on roads that I ride every week and the irritation of a lottery system I think I have ridden my last Argus, one more entry to someone else. After experiencing the Two Oceans Ultra last year I am not unhappy with ditching the Argus.

thanks, one less competitor to worry about, hehe

I'm pretty sure I've opened up a spot for someone desperate to ride the Aurgust.

Not for me anymore thanks. #15 and out.