ScottCM

thanks guys...im just asking because my husband was talking about it the other day and his mates are saying they are doing it and I said Id not heard to much favourable so thought Id ask you guys.

Im really tempted to bite the bullet and do 2 Oceans Ultra but im not sure im up to the Ultra's yet, maybe a year of doing one or 2 more marathons might be wiser.  I dunno, I feel like im running out of time and getting slower as the years go by.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Dogs Backyard Ultra in the States which started the weekend finished a while ago. 

You run a 6.6km loop on the hour, every hour. (Same idea as the SA race the other day which Bennie cleaned up with 37 laps.)

Maggie Guterl won with 60 laps - 60 hours - 400kms. Puts her 4th on the all time list, Just awesome

Ya there was a backyard Ultra in Delta park 2 weeks ago.

Hardest part about running an ultra distance in Delta park is cleaning all the dog poop off your shoes after.

Ya there was a backyard Ultra in Delta park 2 weeks ago.

Hardest part about running an ultra distance in Delta park is cleaning all the dog poop off your shoes after.

I heard about this. A handful of chaps by invite only right? Do you know who did how many laps?

Im really tempted to bite the bullet and do 2 Oceans Ultra but im not sure im up to the Ultra's yet, maybe a year of doing one or 2 more marathons might be wiser.  I dunno, I feel like im running out of time and getting slower as the years go by.

Candz, just do it! Esp Oceans, the people just carry you. Unless you go out too hard in that first 20 or so, which is easy to do, you get to marathon mark and think... oh, I was stuffed when I did a marathon, now I'm slightly less stuffed with only 2 parkruns (or a parkrun and a 10k!) to go.

thanks guys...im just asking because my husband was talking about it the other day and his mates are saying they are doing it and I said Id not heard to much favourable so thought Id ask you guys.

Im really tempted to bite the bullet and do 2 Oceans Ultra but im not sure im up to the Ultra's yet, maybe a year of doing one or 2 more marathons might be wiser. I dunno, I feel like im running out of time and getting slower as the years go by.

When I started running My third long race was an ultra. Westville in Feb... Maritzburg 2 weeks later... And then bergville in April.....JUST DO IT.... And no stupid half marathon lottery system to worry about!... And you've qualified (haven't you?)

..JUST DO IT.... And no stupid half marathon lottery system to worry about!... And you've qualified (haven't you?)

Agree - just do it!

(I went directly from 32 > 50 (City-to-City), don't overthink it, esp if you have a shot at doing the 2OM!)

To answer you re ODD, it is one of my favourite races, as another poster said - it is good for the maaaaind!  Also, what about Loskop?

Edited by Pieter-za

I heard about this. A handful of chaps by invite only right? Do you know who did how many laps?

Think Ian won it with around 87km, think it was about 6,6km a lap. Details are all on instagram. 

Thanks Guys...I have qualified and ive said to the Boss that if I dont get a 21km entry then im jumping in and taking on the Ultra.

Thanks Guys...I have qualified and ive said to the Boss that if I dont get a 21km entry then im jumping in and taking on the Ultra.

I know someone in the admin section... I'll make sure you don't get an entry to the 21 [emoji38]

I honestly have no idea why the 2 Oceans half is so well subscribed.

It is one of the worst most un pretty half routes on the western cape calendar.

If you've run a qualifier, at least attempt Oceans full. It's full of gees and the route is worth it. This year aside.... I did not enjoy the detour..... eish!

Think Ian won it with around 87km, think it was about 6,6km a lap. Details are all on instagram. 

ah found it on the gram. thanks. Even some hubbers there I spy...

I honestly have no idea why the 2 Oceans half is so well subscribed.

It is one of the worst most un pretty half routes on the western cape calendar.

If you've run a qualifier, at least attempt Oceans full. It's full of gees and the route is worth it. This year aside.... I did not enjoy the detour..... eish!

Yip Candz... do the Two Oceans, not the 'No Oceans' scrum  :thumbup: