ScottCM

I injured it trail running in a new pair good-for-nothing Salomon speedcross shoes 18 months ago.

I'm wearing custom orthotics, that helps a bit.

I'm strething, and rolling my posterior muscles as they are super short. I scrape, massage and roll the plantar. I sleep in a night splint.

I'm evading my GP as he suggest I stop running for good.

I guess I could loose a few pounds also, but thats just too hard..

Any black magic I could still try?

I was in a similar situation. Picked up plantar fasciitis at a three day trail run stage race at the end of 2015 wearing Brooks trail shoes I had won in a lucky draw (thinking since they were trail, they would be better for me than my trusty Asics GT1000’s). I could barely walk for a few days. Took a number of physio sessions and focusing on cycling, but eventually it gradually went away over a number of months. Best was to keep a filled water bottle in the freezer and rolling my feet every time I put on the kettle. I never really had to stop running for an extended period and did 70.3 three months later.

I am still weary of trail running, but have since done a couple of OMTOM’s and a Comrades. The other day I did a short farm road walk wearing the infamour trail shoes and immediately after realised it was a bad idea.

So yes, it can be healed, but I think afterwards you will remain prone for it to reappear.

Edited by Sparkles

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll your feet with a golf ball, but really get it in there. I get peronial tendonitis when I run with shoes that doesn't have enough cushioning. Only thing that helps is daily rolling with a golf ball.

My almost brand new NB 860's got swiped on Thursday, along with the rest of my gym kit and a jacket.

Ffs.

That sucks! Sportsman's warehouse has a yellow ticket sale on, started yesterday, so might be able to pick up some shoes at discount price...

Roll your feet with a golf ball, but really get it in there. I get peronial tendonitis when I run with shoes that doesn't have enough cushioning. Only thing that helps is daily rolling with a golf ball.

Also try roll a 1/2 litre frozen cold drink* bottle

*Coke, water or whatever 

Edited by SwissVan

post-3664-0-42482500-1530510443_thumb.jpg

I have a sneaky suspicion things are going to look different from this week onwards...

Well done Lexx, don't know how you do it

I injured it trail running in a new pair good-for-nothing Salomon speedcross shoes 18 months ago.

I'm strething, and rolling my posterior muscles as they are super short. I scrape, massage and roll the plantar. I sleep in a night splint.

best black magic is to stop looking for quick fixes...

Stop running completely - you may have to take several months off. Just take the time.

Don’t be too agressive with rolling/stretching the PF. Place emphasis on the associated structures (calves, hamstrings, glutes, etc)

Slowly start strengthening exercises for intrinsic foot muscles, calves, etc

attachicon.gif20180701.JPG

I have a sneaky suspicion things are going to look different from this week onwards...

Well done Lexx, don't know how you do it

Damn missed No.1 spot lol, if it wasnt for the cape town weather yesterday would of done a long run.

Edited by fiqree

Damn missed No.1 spot lol, if it wasnt for the cape town weather yesterday would of done a long run.

Don't worry about it. Even the top boys and girls sometimes miss it, and that's after doing a 90k+ week :eek:

Just keep going

This morning was my coldest run this year!!  Did not see many runners out on the road.....Well done to any of you that braved the Joburg freezing cold and wind this morning !!