ScottCM

54 minutes ago, ridr said:

Not sure if this was posted yet - 50km record attempt happening in PE on Sunday. Could be interesting.

Nedbank Runified: Breaking Barriers – a 50 km world record attempt

totally doable

50 Kilometers 31.1 miles 2:43:38 5:16/mile Apr 12, 1988 Thompson Magawana

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ScottC-M said:

Dirk & Lafras have also withdrawn but more worryingly, our man is carrying an injury he picked up on the first night (Wednesday evening), he stepped into a hole and hyperextended his knee which has caused swelling as well as discomfort in the muscles at the back of the knee. HOWEVER he is taking it one step at a time and aiming to get through the next cut off which is at 47 hours. 

100 milers started a couple hours ago. They'll be charging passed Jewbacca about now. Will be nice to get a bit of company, albeit very brief

Edit: scratch the company part, I see he's been sticking with Peter for a while now

Edited by Chris_

Hope Guy's knee holds out. 

I love how the top 4 are all Adventure racers. Scary to think if social media is to be believed a few will even be racing next weekend again

5 hours ago, Stretch said:

totally doable

50 Kilometers 31.1 miles 2:43:38 5:16/mile Apr 12, 1988 Thompson Magawana

I can't believe that really is still the record. was done DURING the 2Oceans - so includes chappies/constantia nek

6 hours ago, ScottC-M said:

Dirk & Lafras have also withdrawn but more worryingly, our man is carrying an injury he picked up on the first night (Wednesday evening), he stepped into a hole and hyperextended his knee which has caused swelling as well as discomfort in the muscles at the back of the knee. HOWEVER he is taking it one step at a time and aiming to get through the next cut off which is at 47 hours. 

next cutoff is CP9 PR 200km @ 2am sat  (if you follow the web and not the schedule)

he'll probably be at CP7 178km for 6pm. so 8 hours for 22kms, veyr doable

Going to need to keep pushing on to stay ahead of the hammer, kamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Meanwhile Jack Davis of Trail Lab and most of the KZNTR events and hellofa nice guy is leading the 100 mile. He just finished tied 3rd at Addo the other day. 

Also, Tobie Reyneke is doing his zillionth 100 miler... He is a real national treasure

13 hours ago, Chris_ said:

Meanwhile Jack Davis of Trail Lab and most of the KZNTR events and hellofa nice guy is leading the 100 mile. He just finished tied 3rd at Addo the other day. 

Also, Tobie Reyneke is doing his zillionth 100 miler... He is a real national treasure

Believe it's his 90th 100 miler. 

50km record attempt is on SABC 2 fyi. 

Massive group of men still. 18ish kms in an hour. 

Group of 4 ladies on track out front. I've read Gerda and irvette are pacing, so that's only 2 (?), not sure. 22kms in 1:22

Edit Gerda is only doing 30kms

Edited by Chris_

I love this dual commentary. It's reminding me how much I'm missing watching comrades 

2:09, maybe 40kms, some distance markers would be nice here... 

Will be a pretty average marathon time

Edit 2:11 / 2:29 needed to qualify for olympics

Edited by Chris_