ScottCM

Ag no man, can you do entries on the day so i can come and support your club?

Unfortunately wont be able to make it on Sunday. IBT has also decided that running isn't on the cards for me just yet.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran the Northgate 10km yesterday. What a great little race, nice undulating route, start time was perfect to miss the early morning cold, marshals did a really good job keeping the cars out the way too.

Did 50 mins on the dot, felt a hellova lot faster, aiming for 45 mins one day

Ran the Northgate 10km yesterday. What a great little race, nice undulating route, start time was perfect to miss the early morning cold, marshals did a really good job keeping the cars out the way too.

Did 50 mins on the dot, felt a hellova lot faster, aiming for 45 mins one day

Also ran Northgate.. Good race... Tough Little Course that...

Had fun on the trails. We have a local series called Run the Vines, which is great in bringing trail running to people. Not overly technical and mostly rather flat vineyard runs. Fortunately they have now also started with a slightly longer option of 17k's, so ran that at Ridgeback wines on Saturday. Used to have just 5 and 10k options.

Still felt a bit under the influence of the antibiotics, but since I drank my (hopefully!) last one on Friday, that was to be expected! Really flat towards the end, but happy with the outing.

What was awesome to see, was the people towards the back-end of the race plugging away at it and finishing. With smiles that said they'll be back next time!

I haven't done a race in such a long time!  I decided I want to try do a hard run for all the common distances form 5k to 42k over the next couple of months, to see what my "PB" would be in these...

Haven't done anything "fast" in years...

I have the Ultra 4... recently got myself the Salomon 12l vest. Not even comparable ito comfort.  At the time I bought, the Ultra4 was a lot cheaper, than a) currently and b) the Salomon options. Therefore a very valid buy to get my foot in the door. From the Ultra 10 price point there's not that big a jump to the Salomon. Just saying...  :ph34r:

Oh, and I don't know which phone you have. But it needs to be tiny to go into that phone pouch. Mine fell out numerous times - simply because I tend to snap everything I run past and do not want to put the phone in the rear pockets.

Edited by SeaBee

Nothing compares to the Salomon vests when it comes to comfort. Even fully loaded with 3l of water and enough kit for a 100km you barely notice it. No bobbing and shaking even when running flat out.

Nothing compares to the Salomon vests when it comes to comfort. Even fully loaded with 3l of water and enough kit for a 100km you barely notice it. No bobbing and shaking even when running flat out.

Which one will you recommend for a woman?

They come in different sizes. S/M, M/L, XL. And it depends on how far you are running and how much kit you will need. I use the Skinset 5. It has 5l of packing space and up to 3.5l of fluids. It can hold enough kit and food for a whole days hike.

Thank you guys for supporting the Northgate race on Sunday. We had a record field, which I thought would never happen after the horrible weather on Saturday. It was a very busy day for us, mostly everything went well. There are a couple of things we can improve on for next year.

My hero for the day was the GREAT Grand Master winner. Andre Jansen, he is 69 years old and he ran a 42:57!!! 

Haley, to add to what the muddy one said, I got the 12l instead of the 5 purely because of some compulsory equipment in certain races. Just to be safe... 

Even that does not feel bulky. It is snug, clings like nothing, no bounce, it's just... there. I am not a woman, but I took the S-M as a gauge of my size (or lack thereof!) and run with it empty most times for those "inbetween" runs, where you don't need to lug around 2l bladder of water. Absolutely no issues running it empty. I have several female friends running with these vests and all love it. 

Note that the vest does not come with a bladder, for those expecting a bladder. But apparently any bladder will work should you require more than two flasks. 

Haley, to add to what the muddy one said, I got the 12l instead of the 5 purely because of some compulsory equipment in certain races. Just to be safe... 

Even that does not feel bulky. It is snug, clings like nothing, no bounce, it's just... there. I am not a woman, but I took the S-M as a gauge of my size (or lack thereof!) and run with it empty most times for those "inbetween" runs, where you don't need to lug around 2l bladder of water. Absolutely no issues running it empty. I have several female friends running with these vests and all love it. 

Note that the vest does not come with a bladder, for those expecting a bladder. But apparently any bladder will work should you require more than two flasks. 

I have the 12l Salomon race vest, have the bladder to go with it, the bladder works well and also doesn't bounce around a lot, very useful when you need to go a whole day and are unsure of water supply along the way and for races where a minimum 3l capacity is required.

Noteably you can also squeeze a softflask into the food pouch below the usual soft flask pockets on the front which is also useful.

Tribute to the salomon comfort, I bought mine in feb this year, the first time I wore it was running a 60km leg at X-berg, and it was perfectly comfortable fully loaded running.