ScottCM

so how is everyone's training going?

Who else is still on the injury bench?

Sick now for the third time in 6 weeks. So not much running at the moment. Important races planned for the rest of the year is for Jacaranda marathon in October and Touch One end of November.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also looking at changing from Asics (Nimbus 18) looking for a different brand.

I see not much mention of Nike here.... do any serious runners use nikes and what would be their equivalent of a nimbus or kayano?

Edited by SwissVan

I'm also looking at changing from Asics (Nimbus 18) looking for a different brand.

I see not much mention of Nike here.... do any serious runners use nikes and what would be their equivalent of a nimbus or kayano?

Nike equivalent for the Asics Nimbus is probably the Vomero. I had friend long time ago who switched from Asics to Nike - he said every year Asics get heavier and stiffer....

What about New Balance? Saucony? Brooks? 

I bought a pair of the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 this past weekend and took them for a 8km run this morning , felt really comfortable with no aches or pains .

Will see how they are on a longer run.

So far so good considering the dark and chilly mornings. Hopefully on track for Fred Morrison 21 in September.

Been enjoying reading how you guys run - I just could not...

Only now starting to go out again. First 5k & 8k runs killed me. Couldn't walk comfortably the day or two after each. Did a 7k yesterday and that gave me hope again. Will be building up again slowly and hopefully be OK by CT Marathon time.

And I would like to explore trail running a bit more this year...

I bought a pair of the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33 this past weekend and took them for a 8km run this morning , felt really comfortable with no aches or pains .

Will see how they are on a longer run.

Im also trying out the Pegasus 33 now. Only did about 120km in total with the longest a 21km. So far I have no issues, they just feel funny in the beginning with the dual air pockets.

So the Fenix 3 is "on special" at TakeAlot... Not a bad price if you compare it to Sportmans Warehouse price of R10 500.

https://www.takealot.com/garmin-fenix-3-sapphire-hr-grey/PLID42257002

My question is, how heavy is 86g on your wrist? My current watch is 43g.

Anyone else using a Fenix 3 or 5?

I've been holding out for a 935, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to convince myself to spend that much money on a gadget

:blush:

Im also trying out the Pegasus 33 now. Only did about 120km in total with the longest a 21km. So far I have no issues, they just feel funny in the beginning with the dual air pockets.

I've never really been a fan of Nike , been more of a NB and Adidas fan but just decided to walk into the Nike store and have a look. When i first tried them on they did feel a bit funny but were still comfortable. The fact that they were on sale also made the decision a bit easier.

I've never really been a fan of Nike , been more of a NB and Adidas fan but just decided to walk into the Nike store and have a look. When i first tried them on they did feel a bit funny but were still comfortable. The fact that they were on sale also made the decision a bit easier.

Last time I wore nikes were Pegasus in the late 80's early 90's.  They felt so weird because of the massively high heel.  I never could get used to them, and have never looked at a pair of nikes again

post-61730-0-89809400-1500558169_thumb.jpg

Last time I wore nikes were Pegasus in the late 80's early 90's.  They felt so weird because of the massively high heel.  I never could get used to them, and have never looked at a pair of nikes again

attachicon.gifnike-air-pegasus-89-1.jpg

Shoes have come a long way in terms of looks

Been going OK. Doing a lot of speedwork, and long runs on the weekends, and also some strength training in the gym. Wanted to ride my bike some more, but just don't have enough time in the day.

Been going OK. Doing a lot of speedwork, and long runs on the weekends, and also some strength training in the gym. Wanted to ride my bike some more, but just don't have enough time in the day.

and there being less daylight in winter doesn't help.

So the Fenix 3 is "on special" at TakeAlot... Not a bad price if you compare it to Sportmans Warehouse price of R10 500.

https://www.takealot.com/garmin-fenix-3-sapphire-hr-grey/PLID42257002

My question is, how heavy is 86g on your wrist? My current watch is 43g.

Anyone else using a Fenix 3 or 5?

I have the Fenix 3 HR Sapphire. It's a little heavy, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I am however not happy with the HR monitor. It sometimes feels way off, such as showing I am in Z4 when I can still breath easily. The HR monitor also sporadically does not work. Happens around 5% of the time.

Edited by EmJayZA