ScottCM

I received a pair from takealot yesterday and took them for a spin last night, sublime.

- I have wide feet and the 8's fit just fine

- right foot is marginally bigger than left foot

and these shoes just fit so damn good out the box.

I'm an ex-NB fanboy, but I have been impressed with the adidas Supernova's. Sure I haven't done plenty miles yet, but initial results are good and the number of runners in our club using them says a lot.

Are you normally a 8 ? My normal size is 9 , not sure if i should take a 10

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be looking at replacing my Asics Nimbus 19s in a few months. Haven't enjoyed them nearly as much as the previous Nimbus and Cumulus models so am therefore looking at alternative brands. Looking for a neutral shoe and it doesn't necessarily have to have as much cushioning or drop (?) but could be a "faster" shoe for up to marathons. In fact would prefer a lighter faster shoe.

Am tempted to try New Balance but not sure which model. Also looking a bit at Adidas.

Any suggestions?

Looking for a neutral shoe and it doesn't necessarily have to have as much cushioning or drop (?) but could be a "faster" shoe for up to marathons. In fact would prefer a lighter faster shoe.

Am tempted to try New Balance but not sure which model. Also looking a bit at Adidas.

Any suggestions?

Adidas would be a good bet if it works for you.  The only other I can comment on is I really enjoy my Brooks Ghosts now and the 10's coming seems to be even better.   Perhaps the Brooks Lauch 4?       Or the Saucony Ride 10.    You have nothing to loose to look at everything.

Does anyone use the Inov8 for road? They are brilliant trail shoes and im keen to try them but they seem to be more trail orientated.

Are you normally a 8 ? My normal size is 9 , not sure if i should take a 10

I'm normally an 8.

I did go to TotalSports fitted a pair before buying. So you can safely go on your foot size. As a matter of interest, my foot is 257mm long, size 8 table is for a foot 265mm long. So they fit me nicely.

In previous years I could not fit Adidas as they were made quite a bit narrower, though on these I found them just perfect.

Adidas would be a good bet if it works for you. The only other I can comment on is I really enjoy my Brooks Ghosts now and the 10's coming seems to be even better. Perhaps the Brooks Lauch 4? Or the Saucony Ride 10. You have nothing to loose to look at everything.

Thank you. I'll also look at the options you suggested.

Did another solo half this Saturday for training (as in just ran from home a random route by myself), 1h56m. Very comfortable pace and unfortunately had no water along the way so could feel my body taking strain regarding that from about 14km in. Had enough energy to go do a 60km ride straight afterwards.

5 weeks, 5 days left before my 1st half marathon race, I don't think I will make my desired time though :mellow:

Also, sneezing non stop this morning, with a sore throat starting and glassy eyes....

I was hoping to go do a short 5km this afternoon, but think getting to be will be a better idea.

I'll be looking at replacing my Asics Nimbus 19s in a few months. Haven't enjoyed them nearly as much as the previous Nimbus and Cumulus models so am therefore looking at alternative brands. Looking for a neutral shoe and it doesn't necessarily have to have as much cushioning or drop (?) but could be a "faster" shoe for up to marathons. In fact would prefer a lighter faster shoe.

Any suggestions?

Dig around and try find some brooks t7 race shoes, amazing half marathon distance race shoes,

Dig around and try find some brooks t7 race shoes, amazing half marathon distance race shoes,

Will try find a pair. Thanks

anyone connected their strava profile to relive? Its quite cool - you get a little video of each of your runs....every now and then I check them out. I joined after my mate showed me his comrades one

https://www.relive.cc/view/1085517857

That's very cool, hellova scenic looking area too.. (shame joburg burbs)

How long does it take you body to adapt to running and cycling? Running still hampers my cycling training and my ego is taking a knock? Lol

How long does it take you body to adapt to running and cycling? Running still hampers my cycling training and my ego is taking a knock? Lol

It took me more than a year to run comfortably and with less injuries.

It took me more than a year to run comfortably and with less injuries.

I guess a couple of months. But that's if you do it regularly.  

Does anyone use the Inov8 for road? They are brilliant trail shoes and im keen to try them but they seem to be more trail orientated.

I used to use the 233s (6 mm drop) and absolutely loved these. Unfortunately they are not available anymore. Tried the Road x 220s (3mm drop) but they were not a comfy fit (bumper strip around the toes vs the slipper fit of the 233s) and I also kept on getting niggles.

The 220s offered quite a bit less support than the 233s. I was not run regularly either. In the end decided to go for a slightly higher drop, so I'm using the New Balance Pace Vazee 2. They have a 8mm drop and a slightly more cushy sole.

Still use the Inov8 Trail Talon 250 for light (even surfaces) trail running. These tend to be my go to shoe for parkruns now.