ScottCM

Seeing that it so quiet on here. Hows this, over the weekend Comrades winner Camille Herron ran a 100mile race in 12h42. At a modest pace of 4:45/km. In the process beating the first man by 30mins. I guess she qualified for Comrades?

Saw that... seriously crazy stuff! 

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camille by a mile. She was a machine last year, looks even better now.

It's hard to argue with that... but I'd still back Caroline for some reason

So if Caroline Wostmann is fit, who's your money on?

It's hard to argue with that... but I'd still back Caroline for some reason

The comrades committee must be praying to every God they can think of that both are fit as that could very well lead to the most exciting race in a very long time, and not just for the women. 

Loads of balance/proprioception exercises - standing on 1foot/on toes when brushing teeth with eyes closed is an easy one

Thanks for this, such a simple exercise, but it works everything from my toes to my butt. Almost two weeks of about a minute a day and Im back to running 10km with no pain. Edited by Mudsimus

Although Caroline is my absolute favorite, I cannot see anybody beating Camille.

The comrades committee must be praying to every God they can think of that both are fit as that could very well lead to the most exciting race in a very long time, and not just for the women. 

I don't think the down is Caroline's stronger one, I think she is better on the up.  But what do I know and hopefully I am wrong.

Speaking of her, she is VERY quiet!   I saw she had another injury mid year, hopefully she is over all of that!

Thanks for this, such a simple exercise, but it works everything from my toes to my butt. Almost two weeks of about a minute a day and Im back to running 10km with no pain.

Hi Mudsimus

I'm glad it helped... Those little proprioception exercises are like magic. It helps to sort out body awareness so that the brain 'knows' what the body is doing - this al always messed up after an injury, and takes a long time to get sorted, unless you train it specifically

Camille at 80 milies:

"I lost some time in the end with stopping and having a beer in the dark, but I had enough time to play with, I knew I was going to be okay," she said in the interview with Hicks. "The beer was a nice treat."

Google has revealed the secret of her success.......

post-77414-0-31724300-1510647509_thumb.jpg

I could do my first outside run here in Kuwait yesterday. My elevation gain over 10k was 2m so thats not going to be to rough during the marathon but, if the wind keeps blowing like this it will be woes.

post-25481-0-16602100-1510653092_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-87426700-1510653108_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-94458100-1510653139_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-63173200-1510653171_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-62836300-1510653216_thumb.jpeg