ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am Frosty... and I have a problem.

I wasn’t drunk when accepting the challenge and has nothing to do with NY resolutions. Going to see if I can run a 10k, non-stop, in less than 60-mins.

I even belong to a club, but only use them for my “cash-back” incentive on the running shoes. Looking forward to challenge - which is the problem.

68c32dbf149ab98d9f0d74a63eafef6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone going on Holiday, I hate you. Lol.

I will be working the whole of Dec...

Before i started my current employment in 2008, i always said i wanted a career where we closed over December holidays. Now that i have it i wouldn't mind one where i can choose my leave throughout the year as it becomes massively irritating being unable to go away for certain events as you don't have leave or you just come back from annual shutdown, IM70.3 EL case in point. We return back on the 15 Jan, no way i can take leave two weeks later to go down. 

First world unappreciative problems  :devil:

Hi, I am Frosty... and I have a problem.

I wasn’t drunk when accepting the challenge and has nothing to do with NY resolutions. Going to see if I can run a 10k, non-stop, in less than 60-mins.

I even belong to a club, but only use them for my “cash-back” incentive on the running shoes. Looking forward to challenge - which is the problem.

68c32dbf149ab98d9f0d74a63eafef6b.jpg

Best of luck Frosty, Enjoy the journey. 

Before i started my current employment in 2008, i always said i wanted a career where we closed over December holidays. Now that i have it i wouldn't mind one where i can choose my leave throughout the year as it becomes massively irritating being unable to go away for certain events as you don't have leave or you just come back from annual shutdown, IM70.3 EL case in point. We return back on the 15 Jan, no way i can take leave two weeks later to go down. 

First world unappreciative problems  :devil:

Do like most of us, fly down Friday afternoon/evening, fly back Sunday evening after the event.

Hello and good luck Frosty! It's very doable, just don't start off too fast or load up too quickly. Be patient. Otherwise you'll become a patient.

Speaking of which, I'm off to the physio in the next couple of minutes. Have this dull pain in my foot the last couple of weeks (to a month), extremely painful and worsening under certain running conditions, and quite fine at other times. Go figure... 

So Frosty, beware... take it easy! 

Hello and good luck Frosty! It's very doable, just don't start off too fast or load up too quickly. Be patient. Otherwise you'll become a patient.

Speaking of which, I'm off to the physio in the next couple of minutes. Have this dull pain in my foot the last couple of weeks (to a month), extremely painful and worsening under certain running conditions, and quite fine at other times. Go figure...

So Frosty, beware... take it easy!

Thanks, forgot to mention that it’s a 14-week plan, of which I have done the first 4 weeks last year this time. First 8 weeks is to get to run 5km in 30mins before it steps up to 10Km for the remaining 6 weeks.

Good luck with the recovery/pain.

Heal up quickly SeaBee. At least I find a bit of comfort knowing I'm not the only injured. I "strained" my calf last week. Struggled to run 1km yesterday, so it seems I'm forced take an extended break. Will commute on the bike to work 2-3 days this week and next week just to more or less keep going, but it is massively frustrating. And to add to that my wife is sick as well. So both of us next to nothing since running Tough One 2 weeks ago.

How many Parkrunners here and what times are you guys running?

I have done about 7 now. I usually attend the Golden Harvest Parkrun where I always miss the sub 25min mark.

My aim is to get under 25min before the end of the year .....

Never done one, my usual weekday runs get more vitality points anyway

Edited by dave303e

Heal up quickly SeaBee. At least I find a bit of comfort knowing I'm not the only injured. I "strained" my calf last week. Struggled to run 1km yesterday, so it seems I'm forced take an extended break. Will commute on the bike to work 2-3 days this week and next week just to more or less keep going, but it is massively frustrating. And to add to that my wife is sick as well. So both of us next to nothing since running Tough One 2 weeks ago.

Same boat! Ran a 10km on Saturday and I can still feel the niggle in my right inner part of the calve. Will have to fit in a trip to the physio as well. Very frustrating!

Seems I might survive! Within one session some stuff around my forefoot and specifically the big toe) was released. Always great fun.

Marked improvement already in the area. Looks like it's simply overload and gradual strains taking it's toll - and fortunately I went in time. And surrounding areas - even my bridge started collapsing due to this and is now comparable to the other foot.

And apparently my special trait in the world (always knew I was a special case) is that I have the most flexible feet she's ever seen.  :huh:  :unsure:  Of all things... 

Seems I might survive! Within one session some stuff around my forefoot and specifically the big toe) was released. Always great fun.

Marked improvement already in the area. Looks like it's simply overload and gradual strains taking it's toll - and fortunately I went in time. And surrounding areas - even my bridge started collapsing due to this and is now comparable to the other foot.

And apparently my special trait in the world (always knew I was a special case) is that I have the most flexible feet she's ever seen. :huh: :unsure: Of all things...

This time last year I got a big lump under my foot that was also quite sore to start with. Initial physio reduced the pain and eventually the lump went away after a couple of months.. Was all very odd

I see our friend Camille Herron was running again on the weekend. 

24 hour running event called Desert Solstice (AROUND A TRACK!)

She was aiming for a bunch of records, got 3 in the end, 2 American and 1 world record.

Unbelievable stuff

Can anyone recommend where to take a Garmin Vivoactive HR watch for repairs in the Jhb area? The screen is cracked.