ScottCM

So on another note, how awesome is that warm fuzzy feeling when you chase down and pass a cyclist on a climb, doesn't happen that often but there are certain sections of road which make it possible.

Had a guy who was clearly casually heading home from work on his bike yesterday and passed him, think I turned his commute into an impromptu hill sprint session...

Not so funny ????

Last year I got passed by a runner while I was taking part in a hill climb TT

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So on another note, how awesome is that warm fuzzy feeling when you chase down and pass a cyclist on a climb, doesn't happen that often but there are certain sections of road which make it possible.

Always awesome - get to do that regularly in the mountain - you should see some of the people's faces when I greet them!  ;)

Had a guy who was clearly casually heading home from work on his bike yesterday and passed him, think I turned his commute into an impromptu hill sprint session...

#Goals. 

Still a long way off though. But, one step at a time. 

You see that women on Facebook bitching because the ladies was pink? I.e. the stereotype of pink girl and blue boy. What do you all think... My thought is... Ffs!

5eba401d3ca15f0d1fc26a29f259fbdb.jpg

People like that make me sick

Why doesn’t she just get a blue one then.

Thanks, looking forward to the race tomorrow. Beautiful cool weather at the moment, with no wind. Still recovering from the 2 hour que at the race number collection. Had my rant already today, so I won't post it here. The OMTOM organisers will definitely get a piece of my mind on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So I can finally contribute to this thread.

I normally run little 5 k runs around the neighbourhood. Maybe once a week. Always just under 30 minutes.

About a month ago I signed up to a new gym in the area called F45. It’s a mix of HIIT/functional training/group classes.

I have been pushing myself pretty hard there.

Decided to go for a run this morning and at 5kms my legs came alive. It felt like I was running on clouds. I decided to push on. At 10kms I messaged the wife and told her I was still running. Legs felt amazing. At several points in the run I actually laughed. I could not believe how good my legs were feeling. I carried on.

At 18km I started to slow down. I was no longer able to hold a sub 6min/km pace and it started creeping up. Legs felt heavier and heavier. At 20km I changed direction towards the house and finished on exactly 21km for a total time of 2:04:27

I am pretty proud of myself. I have never run that far or fast in my life.

My base fitness has improved so much.

Calories burned 1519.

I used to think running was for poor people who could not afford a bicycle, but today was really fun.

Great stuff Wayne

Just keep in mind your legs might take some time to adapt to the rigors of running, try building up over time after this... but great job on stepping up the fitness so impressively ????????

Running is great reward for short effort

Rough day out at OMTOM... not surprisingly though. Last 25kms were serious vasbyt as my whole body just wasn’t conditioned for anything like this. Feet, ITB, hammies... the running gods taught me some lessons. Glad to survive though and tick another off, even if a lot slower than last year. Hope everyone had a good day out, it’s such a lekker route ????