ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upwards of half marathons I only run in tights. My running vest is long enough to cover my wobbly bits. Haven’t chafed in years, the only problem is the constant catcalling from the side of the road [emoji2363]

Yeah between the thighs. 

Try the rundawear jocks as well. 

Also I look like the loser of a jelly wrestling match before a run. Lube that **** up.

Upwards of half marathons I only run in tights. My running vest is long enough to cover my wobbly bits. Haven’t chafed in years, the only problem is the constant catcalling from the side of the road [emoji2363]

You must wear modesty pants. 

It is a rule, the triathlete group is on another thread.

Try the rundawear jocks as well. 

Also I look like the loser of a jelly wrestling match before a run. Lube that **** up.

I only lube between my butt cheeks and under my armpits when I know I will be out for 3 hours plus.

It's when the sweat dries and the dust/dirt/salt becomes sand paper!

I only lube between my butt cheeks and under my armpits when I know I will be out for 3 hours plus.

It's when the sweat dries and the dust/dirt/salt becomes sand paper!

Vase between the toes and Body Glide everywhere else. I find that it lasts for the whole of comrades. The stick makes it easy to reapply if required

Vase between the toes and Body Glide everywhere else. I find that it lasts for the whole of comrades. The stick makes it easy to reapply if required

I use the squirt barrier balm. The tea tree oil smells nice and it lasts. I also have 7000 sample tubs so will use them till they run out.

Am I missing something.... Where the hell are you chaps chafing that the tights prevent? Between the thighs?.. I've never had an issue with chafing there before... Am I just lucky?

Mind the gap.... you can only chaff there if your thighs make contact while running

I remember waaay back 80's 90's when i still ran in those polly shorts (or a speedo....don't ask), then i used to chaff between the thighs on long runs.

For the last 16 years i have run in lycra shorts with my normal undies underneath, never had a chaffing problem with them.

Now if i had to run in polly type shorts it would just feel a bit spaz

I have a couple of pairs of Bold Gear shorts. The stretch and the zip pockets are awesome. A really good product proudly made in Cape Town.

I wear the Falke sports undies for running. They are like lined lycra briefs. So shorter than thigh tights but they stop any chaffing. Using them on AR's and various 100 milers etc and I do not get chaff at all, even when doing multiple river crossings and swims without stopping to dry or change.

That's awesome. Will buy a couple to use at Uitsoek and Lesotho Ultra Trail in Nov and see how it goes.

That's awesome. Will buy a couple to use at Uitsoek and Lesotho Ultra Trail in Nov and see how it goes.

See you at LUT...

Uitsoek is an event that for some unknown reason has caught my eye for a while now. Unfortunately this year it clashes with something else so will look at it next year. 

See you at LUT...

I will def have to buy you a beer for the Skukuza one I missed lol.

Nice!

LUT is a cracker.

Uitsoek is an event that for some unknown reason has caught my eye for a while now. Unfortunately this year it clashes with something else so will look at it next year.

Uitsoek Is such an awesome race. It's something like 2200m of climbing in 40km. But those views makes up for all the suffering.

Decided to skip Comrades next year and rather do some of the bucket list races I always wanted to do. So I'm in for the Mac Mac 100miler,UTCT 100km and the DNT.