ScottCM

Yeah... Mine has been up to Maclears and up and down the mast a few times, but it's the being away from comms that's the issue.

No Ants! Yoh.... 

Ants are racing other events during the year just not EA and I really think the Kingdom in Sky is not worth missing so ya I will race it. Haven't done an EA in a few years as well now.

But ya can understand your side with comms etc. There will be other races to come...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far my only goal would be reaching Comrades injury free this year. I have entered Hohenorts 15km, Red Hill Marathon, Wietse’s Hemel en Aarde Marathon, Weskus (hopefully), Two Oceans and finishing off the prep with the False Bay 50km. Will probably throw in Tyger Run and Safari Half marathons as well.

No races entered yet, except for Maluti Double 90. My name doesn't appear on their entry list yet, but it's the only race I've committed to, so far.

I plan to run the Edenvale 21Km, and possibly the Colgate 32Km (need to see if I can actually run/walk 32Km before attempting the Tough One (one day).

Ben Parkes targeting a strong finish at Comrades. That pace would have him finish close to the gold positions. I wonder if he'll be in Nedbank International colours?

post-8961-0-19337300-1578390381_thumb.jpg

Ben Parkes targeting a strong finish at Comrades. That pace would have him finish close to the gold positions. I wonder if he'll be in Nedbank International colours?

attachicon.gifIMG-20200107-WA0002.jpg

Looking at his performance in the UTCT.... He has a long way to go. With the heat and the hills... Let's just say he needs to stay in Spain for the next 6 months to get ready

Hi Hubbers,
Is there a website like BikeHub, but geared towards running?
I have fallen in love with running and I want to start increasing distances etc, so I am looking at getting some gear (rain gear, hydration vest/pack etc), but to get set up with new gear is mega $$$ as you know. So I am on the hunt for second hand kit. I know there is Gumtree, but I have had good results buying/selling off forums such as BikeHub.

Many thanks!

Hi Hubbers,

I have fallen in love with running and I want to start increasing distances etc, so I am looking at getting some gear (rain gear, hydration vest/pack etc), but to get set up with new gear is mega $$$ as you know. So I am on the hunt for second hand kit. I know there is Gumtree, but I have had good results buying/selling off forums such as BikeHub.

Many thanks!

There's actually Trailhub.co.za - the real non-starter cousin of bikehub. But it suffers a serious lack of visits, and I've had some tech issues with it too. But you never know what you'll find

So.... If you guys are feeling generous in the new year, check out the Eden to Addo corridor initiative.

I'm doing the run regardless, but it would be rad if I could throw some donation coin into the pot.... If you can, rad, otherwise maybe I will re ask after everyone gets paid on the 92nd of January!

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/guy-twc

Super jealous you're taking this beast on. I've been following the build-up and it looks absolutely epic. Def on my to-do list for when I get my big-boy running legs one day.

Super jealous you're taking this beast on. I've been following the build-up and it looks absolutely epic. Def on my to-do list for when I get my big-boy running legs one day.

Yeah.. I've been super lucky to have raced parts of it on various EA's down the years, so when Sian proposed this I couldn't resist!

A lot of it is quite rough under foot, which will make it quite different to say, The Moab 240.

I am SUPER excited!

So, if you guys do have 2 dollar to throw into the pot (my pot or one of the other corridor warriors) it would be hugely appreciated!

I'm going to run a competition after the 92nd of January so that everyone who donates R200 or more to my pot will go into the draw to win 2 nights in one of the Sea Facing apartments here;

https://www.surferscorner.com/

There will be live tracking too, so that should make the 'race' pretty fun too!

Hi Hubbers,

Many thanks!

This thread is as good as it gets... We've got a range of well experienced runners... Some silver speedies.. Some sub 3ers and the rest of us

Hi Hubbers,

Many thanks!

I have an old 6L Salomon vest you can have.

Probably needs some zips and a few patches but it's a Large and it's yours if you come and collect it.

If it could tell you stories....

Otherwise these guys have a couple of UltraSpire and UD packs at under a grand. https://thesavage.biz/

Rain Jacket the best option is one of these;

https://www.trappers.co.za/products/mac-in-a-sac-jacket-origin-waterproof

Light, fully taped seams, folds up the same size as a pair of socks and passes all equipment checks.

What else do you need?

Drop me a message if you want that vest.

Edited by Jewbacca