Cyclists attacked with sjambok

Rocket-Boy

Both should get the same attention, so don't downplay this one please.

4 child murders vs 7 assaults?

I don't think so.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter  3m3 minutes ago

#SjambokAttack The SA Navy has not taken any disciplinary steps against the two officers who appeared in court today for alleged assault.

I hope that this is just bad reporting and not actually the truth....

I hope that this is just bad reporting and not actually the truth....

I'm not sure how Navy officers should look but seeing those two idiots in court this morning - there was no way they were even "officer" material! I say this respectfully so :ph34r:

I find it strange that the Navy does not take action - misconduct outside the workplace which has an impact on the relationship between employer and employee will be sufficient grounds to take steps. An employer does not have to wait for the criminal case to finalise before taking internal action.

Surely, this incident brought the Navy (as an employer) into disrepute! In light of the nature of their service in the SANDF, their conduct is even more reason to discharge them!

I think I'll write the Navy a short e-mail during the course of next week. :whistling:

Surely, this incident brought the Navy (as an employer) into disrepute!

As odious as their behaviour was, in the pantheon of matters that has brought the navy into disrepute, this one does not even feature....

I'm not sure how Navy officers should look but seeing those two idiots in court this morning - there was no way they were even "officer" material! I say this respectfully so :ph34r:

I find it strange that the Navy does not take action - misconduct outside the workplace which has an impact on the relationship between employer and employee will be sufficient grounds to take steps. An employer does not have to wait for the criminal case to finalise before taking internal action.

Surely, this incident brought the Navy (as an employer) into disrepute! In light of the nature of their service in the SANDF, their conduct is even more reason to discharge them!

I think I'll write the Navy a short e-mail during the course of next week. :whistling:

Double like.. but after listening to how Cyril this afternoon chastised the South African public for being negative, NOTHING will ever surprise me again! We should be celebrating 30 days without load shedding, meaning it makes news when we have electricity?

From now I will call myself, "I'm not surprised man". I need lycra.

So what if the navy discharge them and a court of law find them to be innocent?

Could be a lekker wrongful dismissal courtcase!!

Suspended with pay might make sense, but if they are getting their pay anyway they might as well work for it imo..

Suspended with pay might make sense, but if they are getting their pay anyway they might as well work for it imo..

The test in a criminal case is different to that in disciplinary hearings!

They might even get a final written warning and not discharge - the point is: the employer must take action when an employee commits misconduct.

The only way I see them getting off of this is through.. actually, how can they assuming the police investigation will stand up in court.. 

you (by you I mean you who served in the services )have forgotten your military versus civil justice 101

civil complaint = civil justice followed by services action ie military justice

military complaint = military justice followed by civil action ie civil justice

the navy cant fire them till they are found guilty by a civil court only then may the services take action

the army may seem like an "employer" but there are slightly different rules in play

on a private and very Friday note I say : strap em to a cannon and give them the cat !

The only way I see them getting off of this is through.. actually, how can they assuming the police investigation will stand up in court.. 

The state prosecutor (Mr Daniels) did not look on top of his game either this morning :whistling:

I got the feeling they just going through the formalities

I heard that in Sout Africa there are lots of animals but i naver heard about that the animals can drive.

But seem like some animals can drive so Weird

Some animals even ride a bicycle. More weird.

The state prosecutor (Mr Daniels) did not look on top of his game either this morning :whistling:

I got the feeling they just going through the formalities

At this stage they are going through formalities

..........yadda yadda blah blah blah .............From now I will call myself, "I'm not surprised man". I need lycra.

You are herewith formally invited to a road ride on Sunday morning with Beattbox and myself. I'll supply the road bike in your size, you bring the lycra! Beattbox will be the photographer! Let's go look for "navy seal officers".

At this stage they are going through formalities

Should not been a formality.

I understand that in bail hearings a substantive application should be made.