Happy Birthday Lance Armstrong

fanievb

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll highlight some negatives to weigh in against the positives and see which side crashes through the floor....

• Lance's lawyers spent as much time going after anyone who would dare mention anything about him using performance-enhancing drugs, as he spent time on his bike.
  • Riders in the past who got caught cheating, didn’t go after other people. They got caught, paid their fines, took their suspensions, and moved on. But not Lance. He went as far as filing law suites against anyone who tried to out his doping lawsuits against people who were telling the truth.
  • He further spend time and effort bashing people and calling them outright liars, in some cases, ruining those peoples lives.
  • No matter how impressive his "wins", you can’t ignore his greed, his drive for fame, and the way he ruined so many people’s lives, for the sake of his own.

lol

Edit: hint is in the pic

http://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/i9xSmQDOil04/v5/620x349.jpg

What's this, the Oprah Winfrey court of law? LOL indeed.

And Livestrong spent much of it flying him around the world and paying him appearance fees to spread the message.....

hearsay,,,,,,bull he raised huge ammo

hatters going to hate

have you seen the books???

spending 100million$$$ is nothing if you bringing in multiples of that

please come here with facts this thread is serious

The man was a fashion icon, how many other cyclists started their own fashion trend which saw millions wear yellow bangles.

Lol yes, him admitting to doping...

He's an @ssclown, no doubting that. A manipulative lying bully, who believed his own bullsh!t right to the bitter end. Borderline sociopath if you ask me. To top it all off he really does have a 'punch me' face.

However, he was never convicted of any criminal wrongdoing. Even the false information lawsuits against him look like they will amount to little. His expose was the result of a vendetta by the USADA. We all know the entire peleton was doping in that era, and many of them have admitted as such. He was just the unfortunate chap they decided to make an example of (probably as a result of trying to rub everyone's noses in it for too long).

One other thing, anyone who thinks he lacked natural ability should do some reading about performance enhancers. They offer a marginal advantage, even when abused heavily like he used them. They certainly can't turn the average joe into a KOM.  

The man was a fashion icon, how many other cyclists started their own fashion trend which saw millions wear yellow bangles.

And long socks! He deserves to go to jail just for that.

hearsay,,,,,,bull he raised huge ammo

hatters going to hate

have you seen the books???

spending 100million$$$ is nothing if you bringing in multiples of that

please come here with facts this thread is serious

Are you suggesting that all assertions on a hub thread, particularly one that runs through to a Friday are to be backed by FACTS ?

Well, that changes things a bit. I will have to retract all the comments I made on the Nkandla, SAA, Gupta, etc. threads.

I will be away for a bit as I hit the edit function.

Ps. Can I still say that Alister Coetzee is useless though ?

still remember big Mig passing him in the time trial...

Aah good times,,,

the the good old days. When "non climbers" had to hold on for life in the mountains and claw back time in time trails to win grand tours.

Now its the allrounder with "the best team" that wins.

When we were looking at properties in France the other year we stayed at a B&B close to the Spanish border that was owned by someone who knew Big Mig and remembers often seeing him on the roads.

Apparently when he was a youngster he used to "ride from his home near Pamplona up into France over the Pyrenees mountains and back everday . . . ."