Happy Birthday Lance Armstrong

fanievb

raised billions for cancer awareness

Correct, and he could be thanked for that.

At the same time any other post-Lance athlete (clean/doping, from any other sport) would never be able to continue that / repeat that at the same level. Lance slammed that door - not entirely closed, but to a 'skrefie' compared to what it was or could still have been.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to articles, he walked away for the good of the foundation, the foundation is still very active,

I'm sure there has to be some sort of "arrangement "

Edit: he is wayyyyy to calculating to just walk away, and wave good bye

Edited by DIPSLICK

When we were looking at properties in France the other year we stayed at a B&B close to the Spanish border that was owned by someone who knew Big Mig and remembers often seeing him on the roads.

Apparently when he was a youngster he used to "ride from his home near Pamplona up into France over the Pyrenees mountains and back everday . . . ."

Hometown pharmacy did not keep stock of the right inhalers.

Took the ride to get meds and jelly beans, fill up the waterbottles and then back home

Threads like this make me miss The Colonel. Remember him? I still remember the day he closed his account after the entire hub branded him a hater and a troll for being so adamant that Lance was doping.

Threads like this make me miss The Colonel. Remember him? I still remember the day he closed his account after the entire hub branded him a hater and a troll for being so adamant that Lance was doping.

And to his credit he did not gloat about the fact he won that fight... Or did he ??? Don't remember tbh

Those were the days...

I've got to apologize to monsieur uniballer. I thought he as a rabid cradle snatcher for dating one of the olsen twins. but it turns out that when they dated in 2007 he was 36 and she was 21. Using the time honured method of divide by two plus seven, his lower limit would be 23. still pretty yeuch, but not quite Woody Allen dodgy

http://www.cyclismas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/lance-armstrong-and-ashley-olsen.jpg

Ahem, 25......

Stupid rule-of-thumb anyway! :whistling:

And to his credit he did not gloat about the fact he won that fight... Or did he ??? Don't remember tbh

Those were the days...

You are right - he never did gloat when he was proved right.

I also miss those fights between him and the Lance fan boys !!

There was a Discovery Dinner here in SA before he rode the Argust... R50k a seat, over a 1000 pax, sold out in the blink of an eye. At the dinner a young girl pitched up outside in her wheelchair with her parents, she had Leukemia, was 'his biggest fan' and asked at security if he could possibly come out quickly and say hello. Can you guess the answer? (hint: she didn't have R50k to pay...)

That ladies and gentlemen, is the real Lance Armstrong.

There was a Discovery Dinner here in SA before he rode the Argust... R50k a seat, over a 1000 pax, sold out in the blink of an eye. At the dinner a young girl pitched up outside in her wheelchair with her parents, she had Leukemia, was 'his biggest fan' and asked at security if he could possibly come out quickly and say hello. Can you guess the answer? (hint: she didn't have R50k to pay...)

That ladies and gentlemen, is the real Lance Armstrong.

heard it from a friend who,,,,

heard it from a friend

let me guess you were there, did you hear and see it first hand???

yip that what I thought

heard it from a friend who,,,,

heard it from a friend

let me guess you were there, did you hear and see it first hand???

yip that what I thought

My boss was there... he was an invited guest of one of our big clients.

Lance cares about nobody but Lance - if you can't see it, I can't help you...

My boss was there... he was an invited guest of one of our big clients.

Lance cares about nobody but Lance - if you can't see it, I can't help you...

you could have just said YES

heard it from a friend who heard from another they been telling lies