Stolen: Fondriest TF2 2013 (Stellenbosch)

Kelson Elena Da Cruz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm following this post. if stellenbosch bike theft is anything like my times in matieland, then Piet se Fiets is going enter the story at least by part 4.

indeed. a foreign sounding, Sirion driving, cyclist from scarborough? Next thing we're going to find out he's married to one of Steve Hofmeyr's lovechildren!

Or he IS one of the love children which found this out now after finding Steve in Stella?

Entertaining story! 

It's been a while since we've had one of those! How many parts can this be broken into??

I am starting to wish the bike was not found....

You owe me a new laptop AND you will be held liable for my possible broken toe, upon leaning back in my chair, I somehow managed to kick the bottom of my desk... Will be sending you the invoices soonest!!!

I rode out of stellenbosch yesterday at about 7 towards klapmuts, as i climbet the first hill out of stb i saw 2 very very very dogy guys with hoodies and both hands in pockets eyeing me and came towards me, needless to say i turned around and headed back into oncoming traffic. I am 100% sure i would have been taken out if i carried on, i fetched my wife, loaded bike or rack and drove same road 15mins later, they were sitting on the same spot waiting. I wish now i took a photo of them, but i did give them words..... Dont ride alone that rode. 

Where exactly on the R44 was that? I ride that road daily, to and from Welgevonden. 

if was a false insurance claim , by the way I don't do insurance ) so suddenly I had this sinking feeling and  I realise kel you're ALONE on this ...

The Long version Part 3 coming soon .....

At this pace that might become true. Bring on V3 :)

**** ouens ek le soos ek lag....This is definitely the most funny thing I've read in a while. Its got crime, action and car chases. Its got smoothies and hardships and almost a passionate scene with a seat post(hahahaha). if this was a book the back cover would say, " Crime, drama action packed thriller, a boy and his bike- New York times"....

Come on give us the rest man we are dying here

Flippen funny, right down to 'manana amigos'. Glad you got your bike back, now do the right thing and get rid of the diahatsu!

Long version PART 3

Yes kel you are alone , So I pack my things , say good bye to my matte and start to head home , was hot like hell so I try the air con but remember I lost cabin pressure and the N2 noise , had a **** trip !

Arrive home , my wife hug me and I can see in her yes she is feeling my pain ( we have very strong connection ) and she tell me , no worries "amorzito" I'll buy another bike for you with my saving ! WOOOOOLLLLL fellow riders can you process what she j...ust say !! , this is TRUE LOVE !!! for the NO riders out there , to understand what she just say , is like : I have a mistress and my wife is truly happy with the triangle relationship and on top of that she is prepare to pay for all costs ( mistress groceries , flat rent , etc ...) , she managed to get one smile out of my face !

All I want is to go under the duvet and sleep , I'm down BIG TIME , but suddenly STAND UP STAND UP DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT so BOB M my guru talk to me so I quick get my act together run to my computer and started to bombarded the Internet ( twitter , facebook , hubsa , cash crusader , bike shops , etc ... ) I flooded the network with photos of my stole bike so my bike become instantly famous ( hummmm , thinking back FRONDRIEST should pay me for some free advertise ) so I get hundreds of reply , I so excited , maybe few lead to the road of recovery , but as I go thought my messages all I can see is heartwarming messages of sorry for me ......so I get under the duvet and sleep .

Wake up , and decided to go for a ride on my training bike ( all I have anyway , no much choice here ) nothing like a ride to lift up the spirit , as I hit the road I started to feel better , slowly making peace with the idea of never see my racing bike again , even contemplated to race with my training bike .... hummmm will be like to go to war ( against the shaved leg army ) with a butter knife and my enemies got the latest , hi tech BAZUCAS , so ZERO chance of top 20 and I'll be luck if I don't get dropped after the first corner .... so maybe I should consider my wife offer ...

So I arrived home , check my messages and YES one lead , hope never die !!!!

Long Version PART 4 ( THE GRAND FINALE ) coming soon .....