Stolen: Fondriest TF2 2013 (Stellenbosch)

Kelson Elena Da Cruz

YUPPPI GOT THE BIKE BACK , unbelievable day !!! , the short tale ; went back to Stellenbosch and stolen MY bike back from thieves :)

Give us the gory details please....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LEKKA LEKKA! Stoked for you!

Ja, come on, feed us the details of what happened! Would be useful info for anyone else trying to track down their own steed if they're in a similar situation.

You taking longer to give us the story of how you got your baby back than you did to actually get her back, LOL

i'm watching this post carefully, Would love to know the details!!!

Quick Qu, Did you manage to get the guys arrested so that their possible syndicate(if they are operating as one) could possibly be brought down??

maybe he's so glad he got it back that he's our riding the it the whole day. Has to show it some love after the ordeal that it went through

He/She is probably out rolling hisher bike............  :clap:

Edited by ' Dale

I just think he forgot his bike at the coffee shop after the race **. He went back and found it, so a bit embarrassed by the whole story.

** was a bit tired after the race so had some memory loss

Edited by AuctionLamb

After big demand here goes the long version ( Part one )

All started with the one tonner race ( 160 km ) in Stellebosh with extra 10 km bonus , so wake 3 am done my stretching session , left my quite suburb Scarborough ( all the pumpkins farmers and the hippies that missed the Woodstock bus live there ) , in my right hand is my power smoothie ( loaded with super food that will brake your bank balance and make any carrots eaters out there very jealous .

Arrived safe in Stelle ; registered , dressed up , warmed up , say hello ( the normal routine ) and next minute we're on the way , awesome weather for riding , no wind , not too cold , just perfect !

Around km 80 i start to hear some noises from my bike , look everywhere and could not find out where was coming from so thought I could keep going with the peloton because once you are in the draft you will give your small finger to stay ON and no noise will change my mind .

So as we approach the 2nd longest climb and I stand in my bike to climb , I noted my carbon seat is gone and as I try to seat and realize that is REALLY gone , so any doubts I had in my mind of some kind gayish feelings was gone forever I did not like the feeling :)

So you may be asking what the hell the seat got to do it , well hold your horses riders, soon you will understand the connection ...

So I manage to retrieve the seat before a car went over it, i just save 3K and unfortunately game is over for me NO SEAT NO RIDE , but a good Samaritan on the road had a medical kit in the car and we tapped the seat back into place , so I can finish this race and don't have to wait for the bus at 4 pm collecting all the dead bodies , so I did look into the horizon and there is coming one fast pacing B group "break way" so I managed to get into the draft but the number of riders in the group was not in my favor ( maybe 10 -12 riders) I could not hide so of course they want me do the work in the front "SHARE THE LOAD" , so after intense negotiation , bad looks , swearing and I even show them the injured seat they left me alone in my back corner .

I managed to finished the race , removed the tapped SEAT , loaded everything in to the car and after my recovery drink , phone my old matte from Stelle for a meeting and maybe lunch together so we meet , drove to downtown and parked our cars one block from Colcachio pizza place , had great lunch , good chat and when back in the car , I noted my bike IS GONE , had been forcibly removed from the back seat of the car ( broken the passage window ) , very strange feeling almost of disbelieve , they took the bike frame and the set of wheel and left my bag with my kit , shoes , and my SEAT !!!

Part 2 coming soon .....

After big demand here goes the long version ( Part one )

All started with the one tonner race ( 160 km ) in Stellebosh with extra 10 km bonus , so wake 3 am done my stretching session , left my quite suburb Scarborough ( all the pumpkins farmers and the hippies that missed the Woodstock bus live there ) , in my right hand is my power smoothie ( loaded with super food that will brake your bank balance and make any carrots eaters out there very jealous .

Arrived safe in Stelle ; registered , dressed up , warmed up , say hello ( the normal routine ) and next minute we're on the way , awesome weather for riding , no wind , not too cold , just perfect !

Around km 80 i start to hear some noises from my bike , look everywhere and could not find out where was coming from so thought I could keep going with the peloton because once you are in the draft you will give your small finger to stay ON and no noise will change my mind .

So as we approach the 2nd longest climb and I stand in my bike to climb , I noted my carbon seat is gone and as I try to seat and realize that is REALLY gone , so any doubts I had in my mind of some kind gayish feelings was gone forever I did not like the feeling :)

So you may be asking what the hell the seat got to do it , well hold your horses riders, soon you will understand the connection ...

So I manage to retrieve the seat before a car went over it, i just save 3K and unfortunately game is over for me NO SEAT NO RIDE , but a good Samaritan on the road had a medical kit in the car and we tapped the seat back into place , so I can finish this race and don't have to wait for the bus at 4 pm collecting all the dead bodies , so I did look into the horizon and there is coming one fast pacing B group "break way" so I managed to get into the draft but the number of riders in the group was not in my favor ( maybe 10 -12 riders) I could not hide so of course they want me do the work in the front "SHARE THE LOAD" , so after intense negotiation , bad looks , swearing and I even show them the injured seat they left me alone in my back corner .

I managed to finished the race , removed the tapped SEAT , loaded everything in to the car and after my recovery drink , phone my old matte from Stelle for a meeting and maybe lunch together so we meet , drove to downtown and parked our cars one block from Colcachio pizza place , had great lunch , good chat and when back in the car , I noted my bike IS GONE , had been forcibly removed from the back seat of the car ( broken the passage window ) , very strange feeling almost of disbelieve , they took the bike frame and the set of wheel and left my bag with my kit , shoes , and my SEAT !!!

Part 2 coming soon .....

Haha

Tjop! [emoji19]