Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

True.

I think the peak performance test is a lot more valuable then the ridiculous "step on and off a box for a minute" test that they do endorse!

I do that without hitting tripple digits :w00t:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to cheat the system you'll find a way.

I have a faulty HR strap that reads a HR of around 220 when I'm doing nothing.

Can put it on for 30min watch TV and Kaching... POINTS.

Vitality have gone from 1 extreme to the other.

They'll need to find a happy medium.

My old polar strap used to do this. Maybe I need to bring her out when I'm short on points.

You cannot get a peanut butter bomb using rewards any more

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

got one this morning

Me too. Like I do every morning... :thumbup:

Is anyone here really battling to make the new target of 300/400 points? 

current goal 400...

Cradle trophy day 1, 3h24 at 83% avg = 1500 points

day 2, 1h48 at 82% = 600 points...

Hope the goal doesn't go up too much after that little effort :D

This rewards system has become the biggest dog show, they're so paranoid about people cheating the system, but now if you swipe your gym card and have a coffee at gym 3 or 4 times a week you get 100 points each time and meet your target every week without breaking a sweat. Meantime people like Daryl Impey going on 4 hour rides get the same points. A full Ironman is 300 points. Hilarious. 

Edited by Sandro

Is anyone here really battling to make the new target of 300/400 points? 

Nope. Easy peasy.

This rewards system has become the biggest dog show, they're so paranoid about people cheating the system, but now if you swipe your gym card and have a coffee at gym 3 or 4 times a week you get 100 points and meet your target every week without breaking a sweat. Meantime people like Daryl Impey going on 4 hour rides get the same points. A full Ironman is 300 points. Hilarious. 

I understand what you're saying but stop worrying about other people. Are you battling to achieve the weekly target? 

I understand what you're saying but stop worrying about other people. Are you battling to achieve the weekly target? 

No, I go to gym (and actually train there) a few times a week and with my weekend rides I get points so I'm more than ok. The problem lies with people who don't like gym and train via HR. we all know that training for extensive periods at 80% max HR is not easy when you're fit. So the people actually putting in the real work aren't benefiting from what I see.

Naa its still fine for now, I do the ironmanparkrun every weekend and get 300 points for that excluding all the runs and cycles. I generally make workouts private to prevent them raising it too quickly.

Naa its still fine for now, I do the ironmanparkrun every weekend and get 300 points for that excluding all the runs and cycles. I generally make workouts private to prevent them raising it too quickly.

Parkrun & Ironman both 300 points? Sounds reasonable. :ph34r:  

No, I go to gym (and actually train there) a few times a week and with my weekend rides I get points so I'm more than ok. The problem lies with people who don't like gym and train via HR. we all know that training for extensive periods at 80% max HR is not easy when you're fit. So the people actually putting in the real work aren't benefiting from what I see.

You don't need to train for extensive periods. Just 30 min at 80% will give you 300 points. That's far from extensive and should be easy for pretty much anyone.

You don't need to train for extensive periods. Just 30 min at 80% will give you 300 points. That's far from extensive and should be easy for pretty much anyone.

And according to them that workout is the same as 3 gym card swipes where they don't even know if you're training? This is what I have a big issue with.