Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you manage to average over 80% MHR for 210+ min? I can maybe do it for 60min, but to average that for anything over 90min is almost impossible for me, even at race pace. :-(

I can also do it with relative ease.

Me too.

Yesterday I did a 5 hour ride (146km) and averaged 78% of DiscoMAX. Another club mate revs at 156bpm (85%).

Should they not then redesign their template to accommodate both demographics ?

Not sure if they would want to?  As I understand it, the aim is to get people healthier, so that they can spend less on medical claims. You are healthy already - there's no incentive for them to reward you ... unless you get unfit again, in which case you'll make the target again and they can start to reward you again.

Me too.

Yesterday I did a 5 hour ride (146km) and averaged 78% of DiscoMAX. Another club mate revs at 156bpm (85%).

I normally average around 85% for VB races that is between 2-3 hours.Chasing attacks or attacking at 90-95% and then coasting at around 75-80% inbetween.

In the Emperors though my average was below the 80% as we rode mostly in peleton with not much attacking.

For training I struggle it would be a tough day if I average 75% as There is always the warm up , and cool down in the last few km's.

My Max Heart rate is pretty much in line with the 220 minus age as well.

Hi,

Just a question which I can't find on the thread and if its been brought up please direct me.

Every week at least once a week I get on my indoor bike and do sprints. The total amount spent on the bike including warm up and cool down is just over 60 minutes. I do wear the apple watch each time to record time, heart rate etc, however I get zero points for it to add to my active rewards. Is this correct or do I not have something set up correctly on my phone?

Hi,

Just a question which I can't find on the thread and if its been brought up please direct me.

Every week at least once a week I get on my indoor bike and do sprints. The total amount spent on the bike including warm up and cool down is just over 60 minutes. I do wear the apple watch each time to record time, heart rate etc, however I get zero points for it to add to my active rewards. Is this correct or do I not have something set up correctly on my phone?

What is your average HR for the workout, and how old are you?

What is your average HR for the workout, and how old are you?

It varies between 120 and 140 depending on programme for the day. I am 33

well there you go. In order to hit the 70% min target to get to "moderate" you need to average 131bpm or higher, and to hit the 80% target for vigorous you need to hit an avg of 150bpm or higher

Otherwise it'll record nothing 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

well there you go. In order to hit the 70% min target to get to "moderate" you need to average 131bpm or higher, and to hit the 80% target for vigorous you need to hit an avg of 150bpm or higher

Otherwise it'll record nothing 

HAHAHAHAHA Thank you sir for your attempted effort at trying to get fit and healthy, you get a big fat 0 for your effort today, please try harder next time - Regards Discovery.

What a joke!  :thumbup:

HAHAHAHAHA Thank you sir for your attempted effort at trying to get fit and healthy, you get a big fat 0 for your effort today, please try harder next time - Regards Discovery.

What a joke! :thumbup:

Oh, Gees, you got their form letter too?

Lawson Craddock is turning 24 later this year, so he would have averaged 78%

Nobody else averaged 80%

Most of the heart rates posted will only hit 80% for people over an age of 50.

Robert Gesink's average will only hit 80% for somebody of age 66!

HR of 123 for around 300 watts for almost 7 hours!  I don't think I go as low as 123 on my easiest of easy recovery spins...

Finely tuned machines

What you can do it cut out the warmup and cool down.

Just record the interval session which should be over 70% of your max.

Like that you'll know if the data is syncing and if it is you'll get some points.

Did an active recovery spin for 40mins this morning, keeping HR in Z1 below 110.  Intentionally so, having run a half marathon yesterday.... will get zero points.

So today will be one of those who pops by the gym, swipes, collects a smoothie and walks out ... oh and collects 100 points for doing so :)