Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Random allocation of the day... 

Last run of last week - 6kms at 155bpm (over 80% according to disco) = 300 points

Wanderers 21kms at 161bpm (only at 70% now according to Disco) = 300 points

The second run was further, faster and at a higher bpm - yet got allocated lower effort level  :huh:

Did they change their heart rate calc between Thurs and Sunday? 

Still debating which program to run with... but for now I'm happy enough as I'm hitting my goals pretty easily. And loving not having to work with an Apple Watch anymore  :whistling:

Claimed points for vitality race event through the disco website and got changed from 300 to 1500 points for the wandereres 21km https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-gym-fitness

Edit: Even though discovery say that they will automatically pic up your timing if you did a race, this does not seem to be happening, so I will send them proof of the race I did to ensure I get the right points allocation.

Also staying on the 900 as is much easier to hit the points target on a recovery week

Edited by shaper

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Looking to add one more friend for Vitality Active Rewards, from my side I consistently hit my weekly target. Send a pm if you're interested.

Cheers 

Edit: friend added  :thumbup:

Edited by alleyne

Newsletter received today for the flight booster:

Flight Booster available 9 September: Earn up to 100% cash back on domestic flights

At Vitality, we are always trying to find innovative new ways to motivate you to get active. That’s why we launched Vitality Active Rewards last year. This has been our most successful benefit to date – members who have activated are exercising measurably more frequently.

Now, here’s another reason to activate this free benefit and get moving: in addition to earning a weekly free drink, up to 100% off your monthly gym membership fees, and funding your Apple Watch, from 9 September you can also earn up to 100% cash back on the base fare of kulula.com domestic flights by achieving your Vitality Active Rewards goals. Each goal you achieve between the time you book your flight and your departure date will earn you additional cash back on your base fare.

How it works

Once you have activated Vitality Active Rewards and booked your eligible domestic flight through kulula.com, you can boost your flight. Then, earn your Vitality Active Rewards goals and start earning cash back.

Here’s what you need to know about Flight Booster:

Step 1: Activate Vitality Active Rewards.

Step 2: Book your single or return domestic kulula.com flight through Vitality.

Step 3: After booking your flights, log into the Discovery website > Vitality Active Rewards. Select the flight and member for which you’d like to apply Flight Booster. You can only boost one flight booking at a time per member.

Step 4: Get active and earn up to 100% cash back on your base fare. You must earn a minimum of six Vitality Active Rewards goals in order to unlock the cash back. Once you have earned 6 goals, you will already have earned 30% off the base fare over and above your upfront Travel benefit discount based on your Vitality status. For every Vitality Active Rewards goal you achieve after that, you will be rewarded with 5% cash back off your base fare up to a maximum of 100% cash back until you depart. Visit the Flight Booster page on the Discovery website to track your progress and see how much cash back you have earned towards your Flight Booster to date.

What you need to know

Vitality members automatically qualify for an upfront discount on certain flights with selected airlines, where the discount is determined by Vitality status. The Flight Booster benefit will be available from 9 September and only bookings made from that time will be eligible for Flight Booster. To boost your flights, you have to be a Vitality Active Rewards member at the time of booking your flight. If you do not achieve six goals, you will not receive cash back for your flight. Only two flight bookings per year are eligible for Flight Booster cash back. Bookings with British Airways (operated by Com-air) flights are excluded from Flight Booster. Cash back only applies to the base fare of your flight and does not include extras such as extra baggage, travel insurance, and pre-booking seats where these are not included in the fare. The Vitality booking fee is excluded from the Flight Booster cash back.

Take advantage of the Vitality Active Rewards benefit; reach your exercise and fitness goals, and be rewarded for getting active.

Edit: highlighted a few points that makes me go meh!

Edited by geraldm24

The fact that only 2 flights per year means you can travel at peak time when the flight is usually the most expensive and apply it to that ticket. Not ideal but better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. Use the benefit when it is worth the most.

I have 2 Kauai vouchers that expire this week. Traveling so unable to use it. Send me a PM if you want them.

edit. both gone.

Edited by Veebee

The fact that only 2 flights per year means you can travel at peak time when the flight is usually the most expensive and apply it to that ticket. Not ideal but better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. Use the benefit when it is worth the most.

Really do enjoy the commentary :D

It says that it synced with GC, but it's not picking up activities.

Did the app update recently. I had this problem start after an update. Removed it and went back to an older version. Then worked fine.

It's been a while since a last laughed at Discovery.....

quickly checked in online.....

Yesterdays training ride was pretty hard. 

138km.  5 hours

1700 climbing.  Loads of sprints.  Couple of 1000w+ stuff every here and there.  

300TSS points.

Discovery gives me 100 points.

BAHAHHAHHAHAH. 

They are still a joke of the "health" world.

FFS....

HAHAHAHHAHA

'n Mens moet hulle eintlik net jammer kry....

138km.  5 hours

300TSS points.

BAHAHHAHHAHAH. 

FFS....

HAHAHAHHAHA

Haha I got 300 for a 25k mtb ride...

138km.  5 hours

300TSS points.

BAHAHHAHHAHAH. 

FFS....

HAHAHAHHAHA

Looks like they reckon your FTP was set too low... :ph34r:  300 TSS for a 5 hour ride and < 70% HR effort?

You were wearing your heart rate monitor?  :devil:

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

Haha I got 300 for a 25k mtb ride...

I got 600 for 56km at Suikerbosrand on Saturday and 600 for a 65km at Cradle yesterday. The high performance option works well for me.

Edited by Veebee