Rogue Riding

KarlvN

I have noticed on the FB page for TBMTB club that there have once again been certain folks riding rogue on the trails. In light of the fact that we ( as a club ) have already lost access to Kliprug trail between Contermanskloof and Hillcrest due to rogue riding, I feel very aggrieved and peeved buy the situation.

The folks in question have all been caught by the strategically placed webcam on the trail. I have decided against posting the pics on this forum due to the fact I do not own the rights to these pics, but feel that I would like to mention to these fine gents, that your mugs are clearly discernible, and I have made it my mission to remember your faces in order to remind you to pay or p-ff the next time I see you riding our beloved trails.

I never had the privilege of riding Kliprug, and from what I can see from the mast on Conties, it must have been epic. So, should we lose more trails because of your skimping, then rather stay home from then on.

Seriously, we do not need you and your ilk on our trails. Capiche?

As a side note, I am not on the board, have no financial gain or commercial interest in this matter other than to ride the awesome trails that Patrick Roberts and his team provide us as a paid up member. Still, I do take this matter personal, especially if one of the rogue riders is kitted out in all Spaz, riding an S-works of some sort.

That's just cheap.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Semi-hijack

If it makes you feel any better - if I had to pick one trail on the Tygerberg routes that we could have done without it probably would have been Kliprug, really just a useful link between Contermans and Hillcrest if you want to do a nice circular loop - the trails itself - a bit like the climb at the back of Hoogekraal, served a purpose without being special on its own..

That said, us losing Kliprug permanently keeps being an important reminder that we shouldn't take our access to the trails for granted!

There are these weird little hut things on all the farms at the entrance of the trails I think. With some pure dude sitting in there the entire day.. But the day permits are available from them.

a snap scan honesty box at the bottom of Hoogekraal.

This is ridiculous though. It is clearly pointed out and sign posted that non members must pay and MAY NOT use the gateway trails. 

It is blatant disregard for a very well sign posted rule.

The same type of people speed, text and drive, drink and drive but when they get caught scream about how they are not criminals and the cops should be out catching real criminals instead..... Like people blatantly disregarding the law..... 

Rogue riding extends beyond just paying for your ride.  Many places require an indemnity to be signed. It is a legal requirement for you to gain access to someones private property. 

surely the contacts here can get the club to post he pics ? just like litter bugs in races should be made public

Damn right....post the pics!!

Cheapskate scum must be named and shamed. They will very quickly know about it...

Hmm - I was also wondering what Rogue Riding is?

How much does it cost to ride there?

And how does one go about buying a daypass or a membership.

2016 Membership is available from today at R620, this includes riding ALL the Tygerberg trails AND Welvanspas Trails!

A whole year of riding, for less than the current price of a Shwalbe Racing Ralph...go figure.

Go onto Tygerberg MTB Website, choose your membership and pay online.

I paid this morning and got a confirmation email later today, that I can fetch my board on Friday from the Hotel at Majic Forest

Edited by BrandonF

2016 Membership is available from today at R620, this includes riding ALL the Tygerberg trails AND Welvanspas Trails!

A whole year of riding, for less than the current price of a Shwalbe Racing Ralph...go figure.

Go onto Tygerberg MTB Website, choose your membership and pay online.

I paid this morning and got a confirmation email later today, that I can fetch my board on Friday from the Hotel at Majic Forest

Where do you buy your Racing Ralph? :D

I've often wondered why payment forthe various trails hasn't been centralised through the likes of the PPA. I'd love to be able to pay for all the areas in one go, that includes the Sans Park as an option when I renew my PPA.

Tom