NJ CRICHTON

Schalk Roestoff

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ABSA are not allowed to give out his Address but the fraud Case with police and ABSA Fraud Division will handle it

I hope the bank is not doing a courtesy case with you.  They seemed to have learnt a lot from Zuma and his dumb followers.

Please keep us informed if there is an outcome?

If his address is available, why not arrange with all the other people involved to "pay him a visit".

Edited by Sepia

Yip I was also fooled with the Garmin 800 deal, still had contact with him up until last night, unfortuneatly I wont see my money or the Garmin again :(

I also phoned ABSA, they could see the money went into his account but stated he withdrew everything in his account and only has R123 left in the account, they also advised to open a case at the police station. His account has been blocked and it is under the name MR N J Crichton.

I'm afraid he got us all, this guy is selling everything from mag wheels, wooden furniture, bikes, shoes, indoor trainers you name it. He sold stuff previously on the hub under a different name around 2 years ago under crichton33

I went through some of his Facebook stuff and saw one person replied to one of his posts and he referred to her as "cuz" or cousin, her name is Dileen Crichton, I tried to get into contact with her earlier today but no success yet.

I also see he advertised since around 2013-2014 with the cell number/name.

So, I'm really hoping to dude is still on holiday in some remote place, with his phone off, and this will all get resolved upon his return on Monday?...

But, if not, handing money over to a member who joined a few days prior to posting an ad (I see he joined 26.12.15) - amateur move chaps... I'm definitely not condoning his behaviour but I'm also not sure who's more of the noob - the buyer(s) or the seller...?

So, being a new member on the hub means you're a skelm? But if someone's been a member for a long time then no worries, they're legit? If you follow this reasoning it means that if I want to sell something now, you (or anyone else for that matter) would not buy from me purely because I'm new on the hub.

I understand where you're coming from, it's obviously safer to buy from someone with a proven record and good ratings, than someone unknown. But everyone has to sell something for a first time, right?

I am busy open a Fraud Case at ABSA, His bank Account His been Frozen

Busy with fraud case with the Police

Will not let go

sorry to hear that you and the others got scammed. Good on you for following through and doing something about it. 

So, being a new member on the hub means you're a skelm? But if someone's been a member for a long time then no worries, they're legit? If you follow this reasoning it means that if I want to sell something now, you (or anyone else for that matter) would not buy from me purely because I'm new on the hub.

I understand where you're coming from, it's obviously safer to buy from someone with a proven record and good ratings, than someone unknown. But everyone has to sell something for a first time, right?

Welcome to the BikeHub leeubok. I hope you enjoy your stay. You will soon learn that most of us are good blokes, who love riding bikes, looking at bikes and talking bikes and some of us enjoy a good negotiation/ deal from time to time  ^_^ .

No. Being a new member does not mean you're 'skelm'. No where did I say that and I doubt you are one. And neither did I say that by being a long term lurker on the forum are you a 'non-skelm' - take Rouxtjie and Gummi for example :clap: . And, yes, there's a high probability that I would not buy from you given that you are a new member. BUT. That is my preference and may not be someone else's.

This said, should you have something for sale that I may be interested in, I'd make contact with you and discuss the item, the possibility of a purchase, postage terms etc. This establishes how you (and I) would like the deal to go and additionally starts to give me an idea of 'who you are' and if I'm comfortable trading with you or not. I often will give the seller a call too. If I were to be happy with this scenario, I would buy from you, even if you were a new member.

What I was eluding to was, had the purchaser(s) noticed the sellers new member status they may have approached the sale differently...

*** I was joking about Rouxjtie and Gummi - they're pretty good chaps...

If Mr Crichton values his friends, maybe he would not mind if we inbox all his friends on FB with a link to this site? It is a low blow, but then again, did Mr Crichton not determine the rules of engagement when he scammed multiple honest folk? Is enforced Karma allowed in the modern day and age? Touch wood, I have not yet come across a lowlife when buying on this site. Hope the victims get a happy outcome or justice for that matter.

Cool beans Ryanpmb. Not that I have anything to sell, but ja I was just saying.. 

Until recently I was also a pmb local (Hilton to be more precise). Enjoy your trails, I miss them lots!