Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO we test the overseas people that train in the country

This is a great question. Anybody know? If we don't have the capacity to do out of seasons tests, surely that will make SA attractive to those who want to dabble?

This is a great question. Anybody know? If we don't have the capacity to do out of seasons tests, surely that will make SA attractive to those who want to dabble?

Lance only had passport problems on one visit here... :whistling:   

All athletes in the testing pool, no matter what sport, are obliged to use the whereabouts system so the testers know where they are at all times. Rasmussen got kicked off the tour while in yellow as he had lied about his whereabouts is the lead up to the tour.

So technically they are still available for testing.

But I doubt SAIDS, CSA or UCI actually bother.

A mate of mine used to play rugby for Germany. Was still an amateur side then (I believe it still is).

One day he gets a knock on the door at 6am, standing there is an official from WADA coming for unannounced testing

A mate of mine used to play rugby for Germany. Was still an amateur side then (I believe it still is).

One day he gets a knock on the door at 6am, standing there is an official from WADA coming for unannounced testing

Was it here in SA that he got doorstepped?

I also see Joberg2C has announced they will ban dopers from their event following in the footsteps of the Epic...wonder if this applies by Berg&Bush and Sani2c as well by association....

Well done the farmers and wappo...great stuff, we don't want to see these okes on the podiums again, they make your race's results cheap.

I hope fritz is taking note and enforce the same in his races. NOBODY wants to see an ex-doper in the mix.

Was it here in SA that he got doorstepped?

Yes, he lives in SA and was studying at UCT at the time. WADA had flown somebody out to do the testing. 

My four years going to world champs for another sport, I was tested 9 times, 3 in Cape Town and the rest in Eastern Europe at World Champs. 

Only thing they every found was pie and coke residue, my TUE for Ritalin was a mission though.

I also see Joberg2C has announced they will ban dopers from their event following in the footsteps of the Epic...wonder if this applies by Berg&Bush and Sani2c as well by association....

Well done the farmers and wappo...great stuff, we don't want to see these okes on the podiums again, they make your race's results cheap.

I hope fritz is taking note and enforce the same in his races. NOBODY wants to see an ex-doper in the mix.

Berg and Bush have also said they will do the same. .and as far as I know it so will Sani2C

Yes, he lives in SA and was studying at UCT at the time. WADA had flown somebody out to do the testing. 

UCT? He tested positive for weed then, didn't he? :whistling: Just from breathing the communal air on campus! Just kidding, that's where I live, so that's probably why I'm perpetually happy!   :) Oh my, I better pray I don't get to pee in a cup at the upcoming Argus! ;)  :D

All athletes in the testing pool, no matter what sport, are obliged to use the whereabouts system so the testers know where they are at all times. Rasmussen got kicked off the tour while in yellow as he had lied about his whereabouts is the lead up to the tour.

So technically they are still available for testing.

But I doubt SAIDS, CSA or UCI actually bother.

Not quite.. there was a discussion on it 2 years ago.. think even a thread. . Our doping control had to first get permission from the foreign sports federation to be allowed to test foreigners OUT of competition while training here. . This apparently took some time as MTBING doesn't seem high on the foreign office list.. But I recall seeing a release last year that they have received permission to do out of competition testing..

Any UCI race they can test anyone

Berg and Bush have also said they will do the same. .and as far as I know it so will Sani2C

Beaut....again pga round of applause for the farmers and wappo...WELL DONE.

I hope this sparks a trend for the other guys...W2W, Trailseeker, National series, Munga even some of the bigger one day classics...Atta etc.

Feck! It is sad the biggest topics / speaking points on a forum for cycling is the doping / cheating in the sport. Even more sad is that it is probably so all over the world. I gaurantee you that any social event you go to and somebody out of the sport engage in conversation cycling related the topic of doping pops up.

The state of the sport is bad (not worse than other but still bad).

My four years going to world champs for another sport, I was tested 9 times, 3 in Cape Town and the rest in Eastern Europe at World Champs. 

Only thing they every found was pie and coke residue, my TUE for Ritalin was a mission though.

Bloody cheat! :w00t: