Yolande de Villiers sanctioned for anti-doping rule violation

News bot

agreed but often you get to the pharmacy to pick up your meds and they tell you "ooops we'reout of stock on the prescription meds but we have a generic......."

You say " is it the same stuff?"

They say " Yes its just not made by the same company and its cheaper so its easier on your medical savings"

and therein lies the makings of the next Bikehub Friday Saga

again, if its my bread and butter, i would know better, or atleast google the new med/or speak to my doctor or or or

Cheaper medication means a short cut has been taken somewhere, perhaps in the blending plant or packaging plants? Risks of trace contamination higher?

Just a note on generic medication:

It has to have the same active ingredients as the original, is subject to the same regulation in the country it is manufactured in, but doesn't have all the R&D and advertising costs as the original which makes it cheaper.

Also the generic med manufacturers can't make a generic until 10 years after the original was made.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the stupid excuses end? It has gotten so bad that other people now offer stupid excuses on behalf of a doper before said doper has had the oppertunity of making a stupid excuse.

Can we move on to the next level here (it is still Friday): As applicable to other disnonest and corrupt indivuduals: "pay back the money"

Why TF is everyone taking so much drugs the whole time? I did two epics and a lot of other races and never took so much as a panado.

Don't do supplements, either.

When will the stupid excuses end? It has gotten so bad that other people now offer stupid excuses on behalf of a doper before said doper has had the oppertunity of making a stupid excuse.

Can we move on to the next level here (it is still Friday): As applicable to other disnonest and corrupt indivuduals: "pay back the money"

Right on the money. Like ole Fandacious I find the stupid excuses insulting.

Re generics: "It has to have the same active ingredients as the original, is subject to the same regulation............".  I was told slightly different. They don't have to be EXACTLY the same; particularly as regards ingredient quality, down to grinding fineness, maybe binders etc etc.  Not all generics are exactly the same, or have the same effects as the "original". Told to me by someone who sold generics.

But off topic be interesting to have an informed comment.

The big question which needs to be answered here is, if she was tested and found to have suspicious results, how was she allowed to continue racing for the rest of the year, getting podiums( and prize money ) in all the major stage races, as well as an SA title, all while she was under a (period of ineligibility ) from January 2015 to December 2015!!!!!!!!????????

The big question which needs to be answered here is, if she was tested and found to have suspicious results, how was she allowed to continue racing for the rest of the year, getting podiums( and prize money ) in all the major stage races, as well as an SA title, all while she was under a (period of ineligibility ) from January 2015 to December 2015!!!!!!!!????????

That's probably why our friends at Cycling South Africa has not made one single comment about this. Tail wagging the dog?

This sport is rotten to the core .........ban the dopers for life and only then will the tide change! Clean riders are being defrauded by these people of;

1) SA Titles

2) Places on National Teams

3) Victory celebrations in events where a rider that has won is caught and relegated.....the guy that came second never gets to enjoy the podium win

4) The prize money being defrauded from clean riders!

Another implication of such widespread doping is that clean riders wont have any chance to podium, will lead to more doping. Or perhaps this is what has been happening for years already?

Extreme measures are needed to fight this - life bans from all event organizers in SA. Come on Farmers Glen and Gary, Fritz & co.

Edited by Christie

Re generics: "It has to have the same active ingredients as the original, is subject to the same regulation............". I was told slightly different. They don't have to be EXACTLY the same; particularly as regards ingredient quality, down to grinding fineness, maybe binders etc etc. Not all generics are exactly the same, or have the same effects as the "original". Told to me by someone who sold generics.

But off topic be interesting to have an informed comment.

I was also told the difference between generics and the original, by a rep that has worked (is working) for two of the biggest generic manufacturers.

I'm sure many people think it's downgraded mess, which is not the case.

But, Ja, and interesting topic on another thread.

Guest Lancesball

I know this was a million posts ago, but if I may chime in...

I had stanazolol in my system. Now, I know it's banned, and I'm not going to delve into that whole story again.

But... Type Illium Stanabolic (the one I took for years before I had a bicycle), into the app search. Nothing comes up. So, saying its as simple as putting the name of your meds into the search isn't 100% accurate. That 70 year old oom could have a cold before his 7 hour race, get given a tablet or 2 by his wife that had them left over from her influenza back in '68, he types in the name and nothing comes up, pees in a cup and boom, son of a doping mother effer, he's dirty.

I find it hard to believe that she was tested, on 3 separate occasions, and all 3 showed an adverse analytical finding, and she knew full well that she was on it. On all 3 occasions, and still continued to arrogantly roll that dice, laughing all the way...

Do you think the retards at CSA, SAIDS etc are any different from the ones running our country...? Half assed systems aren't worth having. Everyone cries foul about the athletes failing the system. My money is on the system failing the athlete in a drawn out fumbling of process for a TUE here...

Post of the year and years to come on this subject.

Thankfully someone gets it - especially in this case especially.

Great post.

Why TF is everyone taking so much drugs the whole time? I did two epics and a lot of other races and never took so much as a panado.

Don't do supplements, either.

How many times were you tested during your 2 Epics?

A question: is it only cycling that has a no needle policy..?

No, it's a directive from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) 

So essentially adopted by the federation of any sporting code classed as an olympic sport. 

(edit) - Actually found this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/ioc-extends-no-needle-ban-to-all-sports-in-2012-2309415.html

Edited by danger dassie

How many times were you tested during your 2 Epics?

I've never been tested despite having raced for years. In the last Epic I did, I think we were the first or second non-pro team home (around 30th place). The first Cape Pioneer when there wasn't much of a field me and Ro Exelby came second and won two or 3 stages - no tests...