Workshop bike stand

Baracuda

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the all the advice, it sounds like the Park Tool PCS 9 is the puppy's nuts.

I settled on the PCS 9 after having a couple of crappy stands. It's a great stand...well worth the buy!

Very happy eith my PCS 10. Not cheap but as long as bikes can be held by a clamp it will never need to be replaced .

Just collected PCS 9 from Takealot ( R1999) ordered yesterday, collected today :thumbup:.

The pic on the website does not do it justice, it is a serious bit of kit and a huge improvement on the CWC stand that I have been battling with, worth every penny!

edit grammer

Edited by darelinp

I have a CWC stand, its fine for basic things but it twists if you put any decent pressure on it.

Clearance between stand and crank isnt the best and it makes it rotate more under pressure if you extend it further.

Im thinking about knurling the surface on the top clamp section to try stop the twisting.

Also look at the topeak repair stands, I use to prefer parktool stands, , af working on topeak one: it's now my repair stand of choice.

Edited by Matchstix

Feedback sports work stands are superb. I have had one since they were known as ultimate. All parts are replaceable and it is solid and stable for all types of bike

• 1 month later...

Anyone got the park tool PCS-10? Is it worth the extra cash or is the PCS-9 the better option?

I got myself the PCS-10 about a month or so ago.

Works really well and I love the clamp.

I got myself the PCS-10 about a month or so ago.

Works really well and I love the clamp.

Ok cool. From what I can work out it looks like the clamp is the only upgrade over the PCS-9. All reviews say the 10 is superior but the 9 is still decent. Just wondering if the extra +-1k is worth it?

Ok cool. From what I can work out it looks like the clamp is the only upgrade over the PCS-9. All reviews say the 10 is superior but the 9 is still decent. Just wondering if the extra +-1k is worth it?

mmmm...Good point.

I think the 10 is a bit more bulky also?  Thicker tubers and heavier? 

Looks like it on phontos.

I had a look at the LBS at their stands that they use to repair bikes.

The decision was to fork out the extra $$ and have the better clamp.  Otherwise you are always going to wonder.....should I not have gone for the better clamp.  ;)

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread here - anyone had any experience with this Marvel stand?

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/marvel-t-2-workshop-stand

Currently I do not do any of my own repairs/maintenance but I would like to try and start. So essentially this is a step up from me turning my bike upside down to fiddle with brakes etc!

I have read all the reviews and Parktool is obviously first choice but it is 2k dearer than this. Or would buying a lesser quality stand be akin to buying a Makro bike ie money wasted, frustration etc and you end up with the Parktool stand in the long run anyway?

Edited by Wet Ears

Reviving an old thread here - anyone had any experience with this Marvel stand?

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/marvel-t-2-workshop-stand

Currently I do not do any of my own repairs/maintenance but I would like to try and start. So essentially this is a step up from me turning my bike upside down to fiddle with brakes etc!

I have read all the reviews and Parktool is obviously first choice but it is 2k dearer than this. Or would buying a lesser quality stand be akin to buying a Makro bike ie money wasted, frustration etc and you end up with the Parktool stand in the long run anyway?

The Marvel is the one that is also made by Tork.  It is fine for lighter road bikes.  MTB, not so good.  I have the PCS 9 and it is as solid as a rock and very stable.  After nearly 5 years and regular use, it is still as good as new. 

Edited by Dazshell